PDA

View Full Version : Diaper Sizing

Kindra178
08-22-2006, 06:07 PM
My almost 8 week old son is growing fast. He is close to 14 pounds. I feel like my Size 2 swaddlers or seventh generation diapers are too tight already. How do you know if diapers are too tight? Should I go to Size 3?

MommyAllison
08-22-2006, 06:22 PM
I think my DD moved into size 3s around that age. For us, the diapers just wouldn't contain blowouts when we needed to size up. I'd get some 3s and see how they fit. HTH

Allison
http://b1.lilypie.com/XvRAm8/.png[/img][/url]

mldflygirl
08-22-2006, 06:54 PM
At least on my son, the swaddlers always seemed to fit a bit smaller than some other brands (such as Luvs or Huggies). Like the PP said, it certainly wouldn't hurt to get some size 3's & try them out. If they're still too big right now, you can just save them for when they fit!

DrSally
08-23-2006, 07:31 AM
If he has red marks on his thighs and/or they start leaking a lot. My DS blew through NB, 1 & 2 quickly. I had so many diapers in anticipation and not wanting to run out all the time to the store. I tried to stretch it and not size up, but that just leads to leaks and tight diapers. Now I don't buy as many at one time. As PP said, some dipes run bigger/smaller. Pampers Baby Dry seem to run bigger to me than swaddlers. I think I did Huggies in size 3 during the transition, b/c they run smaller and have more elastic to fit better on the low end.

Kindra178
08-23-2006, 10:48 AM
I will never prebuy diapers again. I will try some size 3 Huggies. Thanks to all.