PDA

View Full Version : Petite Toddler Fuzzi Bunz - how much larger than Mediums?

morgan47
08-23-2006, 12:13 PM
From what I've read here, the Petite FBs are the same as the Mediums only longer. Is this correct? Does anyone know how much longer they are?

Here's my dilemma: DS is in Mediums, and though they are starting to ride a little low, they still work fine (no leaks, no butt cracks). I was going to wait awhile to get a larger size, but now that MOE is changing their policy and requiring all orders to include inserts (which makes the price higher on those sites that currently include free inserts), I'm wondering if I should go ahead and order a bunch now. But if the Toddler Petite's are so much bigger that I won't use them for months, then I'll probably wait (despite the cost savings).

The other bummer is that Cotton Babies doesn't sell the Petites. :(

Momof3Labs
08-23-2006, 12:48 PM
If the rise on the mediums is getting a little low, then PTs would probably fit perfectly right now. I don't have both sizes in front of me, but I think that it is a 2-3" difference in rise. Any FB sizing chart should be able to help you with this.

morgan47
08-23-2006, 03:10 PM
Thanks. Actually, I can't find the dimensions of the actual FBs, just what child dimensions (weight/thigh) they will fit.

lizajane
08-23-2006, 03:54 PM
i will measure them for you in a bit.

the mediums and PTS are the same size, except the rise. so if the med ride a little low, the PTS will be great. they do not have a LOOOOOOONG rise that would make them too big. the larges, however, are HUGE compared to the mediums and PTs. they never fit my DS while he was in diapers. so i sold them, knowing DS2 is smaller than he was at the same age.

i LOVE the PT size. my absolute fav dipes for nighttime.

morgan47
08-23-2006, 09:01 PM
Thanks! I measured my DS, in case this helps. His thighs are about 10 1/2" if I did it right (I measured where the diaper would be, so this might be an overestimate if I wasn't supposed to do it there). His waist is 17", he's just under 32" tall, and I think he weighs about 22 lbs.

mypa
08-25-2006, 12:16 AM
I got this email reponse from Nicki's Diapers when inquiring about why my old size L FB is smaller than the new PT FB they just sent me:

The sizing may have changed for the Fuzzi Bunz between the older and newer verison. Actually for a while the sizing was so inconsistent it is hard to say - they are currently working on fixing this problem. As for the sizes:

Medium: Waist 17-22", Leg 9-13", Rise 17"
Large: Waist 18-24", Leg 11-14", Rise 19"
Petite: Waist 16"-22" , Leg 9-13", Rise 19"

My DS has almost the same measurements as your DS: he has 11" thighs and weighs 21 1/2 lbs but is just under 30" tall. The PT did not fit him right, the rise was way too long making the legs not fit right causing gaps, even at the tighest setting, but he is shorter than your DS so it may work out for you.

Also, Nicki's offered to send out two size dipes to see which one fit better and just have me ship back the one size that doesn't work out and then she would ship out the rest of my order in the correct size, all free shipping from her end. Of course I have to pay to ship back the one that doesn't work out but I think it may be worth spending the few bucks in return shipping to try out which size works best.

Good luck in deciding!

morgan47
08-25-2006, 03:11 PM
This is very helpful. Thanks! I actually just ordered a few PT's from Nicki this morning. Even though I think I can use the Mediums for awhile longer, when I add extra stuffin's at night they ride dangerously low. ;) So I figure I'll try the PTs at least at night and see if I want to order more for daytime use. Based on the measurements you quoted above, I don't think the PTs would be too high in the rise on my little bean pole.