PDA

View Full Version : Leaking through at night with Cruisers

mickminmom
08-24-2006, 10:35 AM
Hi,

My 13 month old has wet through for the past 4 nights...hmmm, seems like I need to figure out another diaper for the night!

What have you found to be the best for night? Baby-Dry? We use disposables. She wears size 3.

Thanks!
Chris

shburks
08-24-2006, 12:37 PM
Huggies Overnights. Work fabulous for us. We started having serious overnight leaks around that time (maybe a month later) and those work great! They do make a size 3 although they're almost impossible to find (at least near me), but we sized up to a size 4 and never had any problems.

Susan

jhaud
08-24-2006, 12:43 PM
i haven't found brand to be a factor for us. dd is 2 and wakes with a super soaker, so we still occassionally have a soak through. i have in the past used the next size diaper. i am currently using overnights with a doubler (but the overnights are no longer being made :( - so will have to go to a size 6 for nights) a doubler is just like a pad with no adhesive - i find them at only one grocery store where i live (food lion) and have not seen them at walmart. they just go in the dipe to give another absorbing layer. the ones i buy are disposable.

hopefully this helps!

jillc
08-24-2006, 12:53 PM
Hi Chris,

We used Cruisers as our night time diapers until very recently. They always worked the best for us & didn't leave gel beads on DD's bottom like Huggies did when saturated overnight.

How about sizing up to the 4 for night time? That's what I would try first.

Hope this helps a bit.
Jill

mickminmom
08-24-2006, 02:00 PM
Thanks everyone! I will try sizing up. Those doublers sound like a great idea! So, I will start looking for them also.
Really appreciate the tips...
:-)

shburks
08-24-2006, 06:48 PM
I specifically asked Huggies recently if they were discontinuing the Overnights and they told me NO. Where did you hear that they were?

Susan

jhaud
08-24-2006, 07:35 PM
i thought i had read that on these boards. and the only place i do find them is at walmart - they have gone from having 2-3 sizes of them in plentiful supply to having 3 size 5 packages the last time i was there. so, i believed what i had read. i do hope they are not, but if so, i can just size up again - i may even do the math and do that anyways, now that i'm thinking about it. :)

(in re to another post further down, dd rarely has the gel beads on her when she does saturate her dipe... we use huggies)

hez
08-24-2006, 09:17 PM
Just wanted to add a good luck!

When Payton was moving up sizes, we generally did it for the night and nap dipes first, then day dipes. If you keep having leakage issues overnight, call the 1-800 # and tell 'em.

shburks
08-25-2006, 10:05 PM
I read that on this board, too, and panicked! When I contacted Huggies about it, they said they were not discontinuing the Overnights. I haven't seen any change in what our local stores carry.

Susan