PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything between a regular and toddler sized prefold?

KrisM
08-24-2006, 03:34 PM
We're using regulars now (4x6x4) and they're fine for absorbancy for DS. But, they are so snug around his waist, I can barely put them on. I don't need prefolds as thick as a toddler (4x8x4), but would like the extra width. We use premiums at night and they're tight for the width, too, but he needs the absorbancy at night.

Anything?

o_mom
08-24-2006, 06:25 PM
We had this same problem at the same age. I ended up making some pre-fitteds out of toddler pre-folds (2), buying some used ME Sandys (10) and using more FB with microfiber towels (7). I was going to make more pre-fitteds (and may eventually) but got sidetracked and found the used ME locally. With that stash we have been doing pretty good. We were using disposables at night for a long while, but then I got some hemp FB inserts from LizaJaneBaby and they are wonderful for night!

The toddler pre-folds are just so thick I couldn't even get his pants on! I wish they made them in the 4x6x4. :-(

KrisM
08-24-2006, 08:29 PM
Ah. Good. I was going to post some questions about prefitteds in another post. I probably still will. I was wondering if I could get some made from premiums with extra long tabs on them. I got the tabs on the infant sized ones I bought from GMAR and figure on a premium, they'd be perfect for him. I have a ton of premiums that I never used, so I'd like to do those.

Thanks

jenjenfirenjen
08-24-2006, 08:49 PM
We use pre-fitteds made from premiums with extended tabs on the waist for DS1 and they work perfect. Got them from Tammy at Tinkle Traps. I love the ones she makes that are turned and lined with microfleece.

KrisM
08-24-2006, 09:28 PM
Oooh. Those sound great. I'm hoping that I can use the same ones on both DS and DD. I just want a few for her to catch her most explosive morning poops!

She's supposed to open again mid to late August. I'll keep checking, I guess. Her home page says she has a waiting list though.

jenjenfirenjen
08-24-2006, 10:16 PM
You can try emailing her to see if she can do anything for you. She had just closed (for maternity leave) when I was building the baby's stash but I emailed her and she was able to accomodate me.