PDA

View Full Version : Remind me - how many inserts to start with for a 3 month old?

KrisM
08-24-2006, 03:36 PM
I was given some sposies, so we've been using them at night for DD. I want to try out the Baby Blanket pockets tonight, but am unsure how many/type of inserts to put in. I just don't remember. She's a pretty average wetter, I think. An infant prefold can be soaked in about 2 hours, but she's generally changed before that happens.

Would 2 small Joey Bunz do it, do you think? I'd rather not have leaks, since she usually ends up in our bed in the morning!

Momof3Labs
08-24-2006, 03:41 PM
I'd start with 3 JBs (or 2 JBs + 1 microfiber cloth) and see how that works. You can always cut back to 2 JBs if they aren't soaked. Is she nursing at all at night? If so, then I'd definitely go with more than 2 JBs.

KrisM
08-24-2006, 04:18 PM
She goes from 7:30 pm to 4 am with no nursing. Nurss at 4 and 7 am and then gets up and changed. I'll add the mf.

lizajane
08-24-2006, 07:10 PM
definitely do microfiber with your hemp, especially with a BB. i didn't have good luck with them at night, so don't be too discouraged if they don't work. FBs were better for us at night. and the combo of a prefold and JB or microfiber and hemp works the best for us.

KrisM
08-24-2006, 08:27 PM
Our FB has very stretched out elastic. It doesn't fit well. I had no luck at all with the BB with DS, but they look like the fit DD much better. Now that I think of it, my LJ inserts that I bought were for the BBs! I totally forgot about that.