PDA

View Full Version : Best toilet seat rings for big toilet?

mykidsmom
08-25-2006, 09:50 PM
Looking for recommendations on the best toilet seat ring to buy? I already have a little potty, but my dd seems interested in sitting on the real toilet, however, I don't want her to fall in so I need a little toilet seat :)

Thanks!

MarisaSF
08-25-2006, 10:41 PM
I just bought the Baby Bjorn toilet insert based on BBB members' recs. It is not a "soft seat," but it fits on very snugly. DD seems comfy on it.

The main disadvantage is you can't put the lid down on top of it and it takes some work to put it on or take it off (it has a dial so you can tighten it to get that snug fit). I'd say it's not ideal on a toilet that is shared with other members if the household. If you have more than one toilet, this might be a good choice for you.

ETA: I am an idiot. The dial tightens the seat on. I was undialing it to take the seat off and redialing to put it back on. Duh! You can just lift the front and slide the seat off, then slide it on when you need it. I realized also that the dial doesn't need to be too tight; the seat has a rubber no-slip ring, so the seat doesn't slip around.
Thanks Erica, Lori, and Julie for giving me a clue! :)

mykidsmom
08-25-2006, 11:10 PM
I would need it to fit a toilet shared by other family members.

elliput
08-25-2006, 11:18 PM
We just got the same seat also and use it on the toilet that gets the most use by everybody. It does have a handy loop at the back of the seat to hang it from a hook, which is how I am storing it when not in use.

MarisaSF
08-26-2006, 12:35 AM
So, Erica, do you tighten the dial thing? If not, does the seat move around? I should just not tighten it! I usually sit on that toilet when I give DD a bath and was getting tired of spinning the dial all the time (and diverting adult traffic from that toilet).

Momof3Labs
08-26-2006, 07:18 AM
pak

this is what we use too on toilets shared by family members, and it just lifts on and off. Once the dial is set, you don't have to readjust it every time (unless you have a child who likes to play with it when it is off).

we tried the cushie tushie too, and it slid everywhere on our standard-size toilets. junk.

Joolsplus2
08-26-2006, 08:37 AM
Yeah, I don't dial my BB seat every time we take it on or off, and it doesn't slide around much, if at all :) (certainly a heap less than the other plastic rings we used to use...the graco soft seat and some first years thing)

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

alkagift
08-28-2006, 02:52 PM
You can tighten it until it's stable enough (really very stable, honestly) and then just pull it up with the handle when your kiddo is done or the next person goes in--I don't have to loosen it to get it off at all. It's the best seat ever, thanks to Lori for recommending it last year!

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, 5/03

Are you TTC and want to share with BBB friends? Join us! http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/BBB_TTC/