PDA

View Full Version : Funny Idea? Color-coding cloth diapers for day/night :)

Joolsplus2
08-28-2006, 09:36 AM
I always have a basket of pre-stuffed fuzzi bunz and pre snapped babysoftwraps... and have actually been using sposies at night (with a wool cover...man, that would be a great shower gift for any mama, even sposie users... a little wool cover does wonders at night!).

But anyway, I decided to CD at night again, and now I never know what to grab for in the basket, what's pre-stuffed, etc....and I had the little inspiration to pick a color that's only for night (of course with extra night stuffers/doublers) so I can dig in the basket and find it easily. I might even go crazy and order some black or navy fuzzi bunz in petite toddler (we need a higher rise at night...not a problem with a wool cover, but it's not like Leah is shrinking, lol).

For those of you wondering if I've given up on EC, nope, we're still doing it... Leah's a scream, she'll only pee on her belly on the floor, so I have to put her in the bathtub naked to minimize cleanup...I'd seriously love for her to start using a potty again, the little stubborn princess! lol. She nurses ALL night, though, and I'm not a night waker, so I haven't even tried to EC at night yet.

Anyway, just my musing for the day :D
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

o_mom
08-28-2006, 11:39 AM
We just bought some colored FB - yellow and sage. They have been designated DS1's. He mainly uses them at night, but we keep a couple with daytime stuffing.

If you are only going to use them at night, I think the dark colors would be cool. For daytime use, they tend to show through light colored clothes.

nisi
08-28-2006, 11:56 AM
GMTA! Green has always been our night time color :P

(Thought lately she's in pull-ups at night because I just can't seem to keep the stink away in the overnight dipes :-( )

Nisi

mldflygirl
08-31-2006, 01:01 PM
That's not a funny idea at all. I'm very organized (or at least, I TRY to be, which isn't so easy now with a baby!!) and I would do the same thing. When I was pumping directly into bottles for use within a few days (now it goes right into the freezer), I color-coded the bottles so I'd know which one had been pumped on what day. :)