PDA

View Full Version : How much Charlies soap for a load of dipes?

bcafe
09-01-2006, 03:40 PM
I have the liquid and got the pump too. Does everyone use the recommended 1/8c.? Thanks!

mamalia
09-01-2006, 05:32 PM
On MDC people are using between a teaspoon and a tablespoon full. I've been putting in about two squirts in an xtra small to small load.

HTH,
Malia

Momof3Labs
09-01-2006, 07:04 PM
Do you have hard or soft water?

bcafe
09-01-2006, 08:35 PM
It is very hard, but we have a water softener. I could be wrong, but isn't one squirt/pump the 1/8cup?

mamalia
09-02-2006, 11:16 AM
You're probably right, although I don't see that on the bottle. I don't actually squirt the pump all the way down. I didn't realize this until I did a load this morning. I guess my way of doing it isn't much help. I just kinda push down and eyeball it. I tried to pay more attention and it's probably about 1 1/2 tablespoon to 2 tablespoons. The first time I did a load I probably used 1 squirt (maybe a 1/2 to 1 tablespoon) and there were too little bubbles, next time three or four and there were too many bubbles. Since then my two squirts have been working, but the squirts aren't an exact measurment.

So I guess this is a long way of saying...put the soap in, then take a peek when it starts agitating, from there you adjust how much soap to put in (assuming your diapers don't have build up). Sorry I can't be more help.

Malia