PDA

View Full Version : Trying Huggies Supreme for the 1st time & have Q's

cmdunn1972
09-01-2006, 06:34 PM
I had been fine with Pampers Cruisers, but they stopped carrying DS's size in the big cases at our BRU. Long story short, I'm transitioning him to Huggies Supreme. Since I haven't used them before, I'm a little confused as to what to buy since we've used Pampers since DS was born. Two questions:

1) Are the Huggies Supreme Natural fit okay for overnight or do I need to buy the overnight Huggies as well for nighttime? The Natural Fit seems like it has a thin profile, which is why I ask. Do you still like Huggies Supreme better than Pampers Cruisers?

2) DS is about 25 lbs. right now and wore a size 5 in the Pampers. I noticed that the size 4 is for 22-37 lbs. and the size 5 is 27 and up. The overlap leaves me confused. Should I get size 4 or 5 for DS considering he's nearing that "transition" size?

3) Any idea where is the best place to buy them, cost-wise, or is every place (Target, Wal-Mart, BRU) pretty much the same?

TIA!

ETA: I don't have a Costco anywhere near me and we aren't a member at BJ's or Sam's Club, just so you know when it comes to retailer recommendations.

nfowife
09-01-2006, 06:54 PM
We switched to Huggies Supreme when DD was in a size 3. I like them so much better than cruisers! I haven't tried the new "natural fit" ones (I stocked up big time via the last amazon deal so am working my way through those).
1) I don't use overnights. We've never had a leak overnight using Huggies Supreme and DD ends up wearing the same dipe for about 14 hours. They are often very heavily wet but like I said, we've never had a leak, pee or poop, ever with the Huggies.

2) My DD is 22 lbs. and 32 inches (she's quite slim for her age) and has been in size 4's for a few months now. I like a tight fit- I like overlapping the tabs, so in your case I would size up. At least start with size 5, you can always buy the size 4's if they are too big and grow into them, kwim? At least you won't be wasting a pack if you start bigger since you can save them for later.

3) I find the best deals are either the amazon rebate deals (spend $90 and get $30 rebate). But it's only a good deal if you use the rebate to buy more diapers! In between deals I buy at Target and use coupons. I find them to be pretty much the same price everywhere. But I'm not a huge bargain shopper for them to be honest. I just prefer to buy the big boxes with 100+ diapers because then I have to buy them less often!

Momof3Labs
09-01-2006, 07:06 PM
Supremes run smaller than Cruisers, so don't size down. They should be enough for nighttime unless you have a very heavy wetter.

I prefer Huggies to Pampers (when we do sposies) since they aren't perfumey - Pampers IMO reek right out of the bag!

Radosti
09-01-2006, 08:34 PM
I love the Cruisers, but Ds grew out of size 3 and the size 4 is a bit big. So, in the meantime, we are using the Size 4 of the baby Shaped Huggies. I don't like them as much, but they run smaller, so fit better right now. He's 25 lbs and almost 9 months old. We definitely use the Huggies overnights in size 4. The one night DH changed him for bed and forgot the overnight diaper, the huggies diaper was actually sagging/hanging off him in the morning. We didn't have any leaks, but he peed 3 times as soon as I opened that diaper. It was like he was holding it because the diaper was so uncomfortable. The cruisers have always worked fine every night with no issues.

nfowife
09-01-2006, 10:07 PM
fyi, the baby shaped huggies are equal to the baby dry pampers. The supremes are the premium for huggies like the swaddlers/cruisers are the premium for Pampers. I wouldn't expect the baby shaped to be equal to a cruiser, they aren't both premium, kwim?

scarletsmommy
09-03-2006, 12:16 AM
This doesn't really relate - but thought you might be interested. We just recently (1 month or less) switched from cruisers to Target brand and have been very pleased. They seem to fit DD just as well and we have had no leaking problems. I do think the cruisers are a smidge larger than the target counterpart. The main difference seems to be that the gel feeling (when they pee) seems to be smushier (my technical term for the day) in the cruisers than the Target brand.

As far as overnight, DD is at the bottom of the weight for her size so she is able to wear the same size at night as during the day.

Thought you might be interested.

cmdunn1972
09-03-2006, 05:54 PM
Thanks, everyone, for your advice! I'm comfortable now thinking the Huggies Supremes will work overnight.

cmdunn1972
09-03-2006, 05:55 PM
Margaret, thanks for the tip on Amazon rebates. I'll definately keep that in mind. :)