PDA

View Full Version : Do I need to strip my dipes?

MMEand1
09-03-2006, 06:54 PM
My DD started getting a really bad rash recently. We have been rash free in cloth (as oppossed to disposables), but it got so bad the other day that my DH suggested putting her in a sposie to see if it would clear up. Well, within a day her red, peeling skin was perfect. Should I strip all the diapers and try the cloth again? My DH said that her skin would look really bad after using a PF or fitted and a PUL cover. We have never had PUL issues before, so I'm wondering if she could have developed a reaction to PUL after 18 months of use. He said that her skin was still red after using pockets, but not as bad as whe he used a PF/PUL. It's not just her thighs that would get red, it was everywhere, despite changing her VERY frequently (as in every 1-1.5 hours). She has been in sposies since we went to Disney Land on Tuesday and has had no rash at all. Please help me figure out what to do!! I love using cloth on herr and do not want to have to start buying sposies again!
Thanks,
Mariah P.

Momof3Labs
09-03-2006, 08:33 PM
Sounds like perhaps a build-up of detergent or enzymes on the diapers, especially since the rash was everywhere. Check out this link - if you scroll down, there's a whole section on rashes, and a link to info on detergent enzymes.

eta link: http://www.diapersandwipers.com/use-care.htm

nisi
09-03-2006, 10:30 PM
<nodding my head in agreement> Sounds exactly like dd's bum when I tried All F&C :-( Hopefully stripping will do the trick!

Nisi
CPS tech and mom to 2 girls, 2/01 and 12/04