PDA

View Full Version : leaky diaper help ASAP!

nyc_mom
09-04-2006, 12:58 PM
Okay, I need help, I'm really losing my mind. Every morning my 22 month old DD wakes up with a saturated diaper that has leaked all over her PJs and sheets. That means every morning a bath and changing sheets. Combine that with a 2 month old colicky, reflux baby and you have a very grouchy mommy.

DD currently wears size 6 Cruisers that don't seem to be too small on her (she's about 31 lbs and about 36 in tall). She doesn't get a bottle or anything right before bed and usually eats her dinner about 1.5 hours before bedtime.

I've heard people mention diaper doublers before but I have yet to find them by me. Any suggestions? The Huggies Overnites only go to size 5. Would trying an overnight pull-up help? I'm deperate. TIA

nyc_mom

luvsviola
09-04-2006, 01:21 PM
Could you try a cloth diaper cover over her cruisers? Or, when you're up with the baby once in the night, could you change your older daughter (not the best option I know)?

Good luck!!!!!!

Kristen

nyc_mom
09-04-2006, 01:45 PM
Hmmm, never thought of the cloth diaper cover. I did think about changing her in the middle of the night, but the thought of having them both up is just too scary to think about :) Thanks!

nyc_mom

lizajane
09-04-2006, 02:01 PM
put a poise pad in the diaper.

put fleece shorts or pants on her (won't absorb moisture so she won't feel wet if it does leak)

and change her before YOU go to bed while she is asleep.

Joolsplus2
09-04-2006, 03:04 PM
I LOVE putting a wool cover over a sposie at night...it contains gallons that I know would have seeped up and down to the baby's armpits and knees. I wish I would have had these for my older kids :P

http://stacinator.com/stretchwool.shtml (there are about a billion different kinds, I got one of these used on ebay and really like it, though).

Fleece shorts/pants, too...I still need to find a pair for my 7 yo (who's *finally* out of pullups, but it's getting cold and fleece gets a funky smell, but stays plenty dry on a cold night).

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

ShanaMama
09-05-2006, 09:23 AM
I never tried the other suggestions, but I jsut switched to Baby Dry flex, which has the absorbent power of Baby Dry + those great Cruisers stretchy tabs. The Baby Dry gets *extremely* saturated- but DOES NOT leak. I am very happy with them.
FTR- I have never found Pampers sizing to be accurate. By their recommendations, DD should have a lot longer in a size 4, but she's been in a 5 for months now.
ETA: I think the cut on the Baby Dry is also a bit diff than the Cruisers- can't remember which is which, but if you hold them up to each other, one is noticeably larger.