PDA

View Full Version : Am I going to be sorry?

luvsviola
09-04-2006, 01:19 PM
I for my upcoming newborn, I have...

14 Kissaluv Size 0s--about half terry, half fleece
11 Fuzzi Bunz X-Small (about 20 Small)
9 Newborn covers--mostly Prowraps, a couple Cot'n wraps
8 Small Prowrap covers

10 Kissaluvs contours--ordered by mistake on eBay because I didn't know the difference at the time and I don't think they will work particularly well, but it wasn't worth selling them until I tried them.

Do I need more Kissaluvs? I'm worried about the X-small Fuzzibunz not working well for a newborn after reading more about them. My best friend has 24 Kissaluv fitteds and is having to wash her 1 week old's diapers every day. I'm trying to avoid that without spending a fortune, but DH is very opposed to prefolds. It was a big stretch to get him to try fitteds.

Thanks!

Kristen

KrisM
09-04-2006, 07:40 PM
How many diapers will you change? How many will DH? Are you willing to use prefolds? If so, pick up a dozen or so of infant sized and you should be pretty good. I wash every other day and went through about 12 diapers/day at the beginning.

jenjenfirenjen
09-04-2006, 08:26 PM
I would definitely get some Infant PFs. They really are so easy on a newborn and they will last quite a while as your baby grows. No telling how big your baby will be. I don't either of my boys would have fit in KL 0's for more than a week or two if at all. If your DH doesn't want to do PFs, you could try prefitteds. They are super easy with a Snappi.

brittone2
09-04-2006, 08:31 PM
ITA on the prefolds. Even if your DH doesn't want to use them, you can probably use them for a few diaper changes or as an emergency back up if you are running low on dipes. Worst case scenerio, neither of you like them, and you use them as fabulous burp cloths, "catch cloths" to catch leaking milk if you are BFing, mini changing pads (we layed one under DS when we'd change him on his changing pad as we had one of the terry cloth covers for the pad, and otherwise it got poop on it constantly).

We never did XS FBs but never had problems using smalls at night once DS fit into them. DS didn't poop that much in the middle of the night though, so that may have helped.

Having a few different options is IMO a good thing. You never know what your baby will be shaped like, what you'll prefer once you are actually CDing your own baby, etc.

Momof3Labs
09-04-2006, 08:51 PM
That's a lot of covers!

What are you going to stuff in the XS FBs?

What about cloth wipes?