PDA

View Full Version : Doing the dance of JOY - no more stinky diapers!!!!!

etwahl
09-06-2006, 06:39 PM
Finally on, I think, Monday, I got rid of the stinkies!!! It was a total combination of a bunch of things, but mostly I had my husband up the hot water on the water heater for just the night so I could REALLY wash them well. I used the hottest water possible, plus some bleach and then I washed and washed and washed. Finally, no more suds!!!! And after using them they all smell yummy, fresh, and clean. Hip, hip, hooray!!!!!

Now i know what went wrong. I was using the full one ounce of Allen's Naturally and I have VERY, VERY soft water. Really, since experimenting, I only need a few drops.

also, I've started washing every night instead of every two nights because the washer was getting too full to really agitate and clean in between (they are very fluffy fitteds) and I do one cold mini wash and cold rinse, then I do a hot wash and at least two rinses. Since I'm nervous I find myself constantly checking the machine for suds and so glad that I've fixed the problem.

Never thought I'd be so happy about diapers!!! I find myself smelling them after they've been peed in and they don't even smell like pee or anything. And no more skunky hemp.

Thanks everyone for all the advice and patience. Here's to no more stinkies, ever again!!!!

Tammy,
mom to Lauren (March 2003)

MommyAllison
09-06-2006, 08:08 PM
Hooray! I am living in some fear of eventual stink and hope that it passes us by! :) Glad that you've figured it out!

Allison
http://b1.lilypie.com/XvRAm8/.png[/img][/url]

mldflygirl
09-07-2006, 03:25 PM
YAY for you!!