PDA

View Full Version : (scoop22) How is your DS?

set81616
09-10-2006, 04:03 PM
It looks like you have been using the lotramin for over 24 hours now. How is your DS feeling. I know for us it still looked horrible but he didn't seem to be in pain after 24-36 hours. (We still did lots of nakee time until it was cleared up though). Hope he is feeling better.
Shannon

scoop22
09-10-2006, 07:12 PM
thanks so much for asking.. ds is doing much better we are going to try and not use the lotrimin tonight. we are having nakee time right now. he loves it. what a different boy he is. i just wish i knew what caused this to begin with. it just isn't like him. some people say teething. i am not sure. he is 14 mo. and only has two teeth. the first one came in april, the second in june. we will see. again thanks for asking.. that was sweet.

o_mom
09-10-2006, 08:13 PM
If the Lotramin is helping, then it is probably a yeast/fungal rash and you should treat it until it is gone. Our booklet from the ped says to treat until 48 hours after the rash is gone. If you stop too soon, it may come back and not respond as well which means moving on to stronger stuff.

The cause could be anything. An acidic food, teething drool, etc. All it takes is one bad poop to start it and it is so hard to heal in a wet/poopy environment. No matter how fast you change them it still gets on. :-( We have been there with the bleeding diaper rash, so I know what you are going through.