PDA

View Full Version : Need reward for converting so many friends to cloth. Feeling sorry for myself.

ivparker
09-12-2006, 12:43 AM
Ok, so I'm just venting and feeling sorry for myself which I know is stupid but I'm almost 9 months pregnant and I'm tired ( My oldest just turned 2 and my youngest is 11 months old). So...I'm very happy that my friends all decided to use cloth. The thing is that when I decided to use cloth I didn't know anything about it so I did a lot of research and just had to have all of the diapers that someone would say is really good. So I would buy one here and there. Elbees, baby blanket, braedenz bunz, kiwi pie, etc...I bought so many bad lots of diapers on ebay that are completely useless I couldn't even sell them myself back on ebay. So basically I spent lots of money and came to the conclusion that I like Fuzzi Bunz the best. There easy to use and they still look brand new. I have so many holes in my other diapers (especially my hemp fireflys) that they are just falling apart. So now that my friends are having their babies they are just buying Fuzzi bunz. So they come and show me their 2dz smalls and 2 dz med. and I'm looking and wishing that I had that many. They probably spent 1/3 of what I did and have a really nice stash. Yes, I had fun picking out fabrics and trying new ones, but now that I'm a SAHM and we don't have as much money for me to do that anymore, I just want the diapers that work best for me. So...sorry so long, I guess I just want words of encouragement that at least that money was well spent in that I have 5 friends willing to do cloth because of my research..Just needed to vent.
Thanks!

Joolsplus2
09-12-2006, 08:07 AM
I agree..I have a few WAHM dipes that were a total waste of money...they are now in my dd's doll clothes box... and a few that are fabulous...and mostly I just grab my Fuzzi Bunz all the time (I have maybe 8 that fit dd right now, so I do laundry every day, even though I have enough other dipes for 3-4 days). I envy my friend who only bought FB's to begin with, but then again, it was totally fun shopping for all the others! (bad dipes as entertainment expense? hey, I never go to the movies, so it all balances out).

Don't feel too bad now, you couldn't be any more stressed out with babies in home and baby on the way...

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

mldflygirl
09-12-2006, 10:38 AM
Well maybe it'll help knowing you're not the only one... :)

I, too, have experimented a lot & wish I knew from the beginning what I know now! I've had a hard time finding dipes that fit DS just right, and now that I know what works (VB & BG), I don't have the money to buy more! Like the PP, I wasted money on some WAHM dipes too. :(

At least you spared your friends the same trouble!!!! Don't think about it too much; be happy with what you have & happy with the fact that you DO know what works.

brittone2
09-12-2006, 04:05 PM
It is hard being a groundbreaker :)

We eventually figured out that FBs worked the best for us, although I'm not sure what we'll do this time around. DS has worn his to death, but some of them have been in heavy use for 1.5 years or so (like his medium FBs).

We still had spurts where I had a love/hate relationship with them though as during certain growth spurts, etc. he'd leak out the legs and I was really struggling to find something that would work. A few weeks later thing would work out again ;)

Anyway, you are an awesome friend for being able to help your friends refine their stash and make it very efficient. Converting that many friends to cloth is quite impressive...my friends all mostly think i"m insane ;) (I've helped a few friends of friends that were already considering cloth, but that's about it).