PDA

View Full Version : DD is very interested in PT so what am I doing wrong?

mtrattner
09-15-2006, 02:34 PM
Despite my best efforts. DD has started PT. We are moving in a few months and were hoping to hold off until then. So she fell in love with the potty and started asking to go 4-5 times a day on the potty. So after consulting a few friends they said go with it. So we bought panties and started on Wednesday. The problem is now she isn't telling me anymore. I end up asking her every hour and we go. She goes nearly every time. So today I thought I would let her tell me and now we have had 3 accidents before nap.

Is she too young?

Do I need to keep asking or is this just the learning process that she has to learn to anticipate?

What else should I be doing? In many ways I think she is ready but I know I am not. This all happened very fast and I haven't had any time to research.

Please share some advice.
Thanks!

lizajane
09-15-2006, 03:33 PM
both of my boys showed interest on their own at 19 months. go for it!

JBaxter
09-15-2006, 03:43 PM
Go for it. My oldest was 25months and out of diapers.
For a while I wouldnt ask I would just take her. I have said this before but naked bottoms worked great for us. My boys seemed to remember better if they wernt covered.

psophia17
09-15-2006, 06:01 PM
It took a long time for DS to actually tell us he needed to go to the bathroom, but he finally did it this week. Between times, it was us taking him up every couple of hours. But I definitely preferred taking him to the potty every couple of hours than having to deal with diapers...

jenjenfirenjen
09-15-2006, 08:36 PM
I hear ya. PT'ing snuck up on me too and I felt unprepared but we went with it and I'm glad we did. We've been sans diapers (except for sleep) for almost 2 weeks. He still has an occasional accident but overall is doing quite well. BUT, he does not reliably tell me that he has to go. Often at home, he'll just get up and go (I pretty much keep him naked from the waist down at home) but I still just make sure to take him every so often and especially before we leave the house and while we are out. Keep it up. She will get it. It just may take a while before she is doing it all on her own. And I agree, it's WAY better than changing diapers!