PDA

View Full Version : What's next after Pampers Swaddlers?

citymama
09-17-2006, 10:17 PM
DD is a Swaddlers baby. By way of experimentation, we've tried about 6 or 7 other brands, and everything else either resulted in frequent blow-outs, diaper rash, or both (that includes Huggies, Pampers Baby Dry, Kirklands, and Luvs). So we have learned to respect the Swaddlers. She is not going to fit in size 2's much longer - what next? Are Cruisers as good as the beloved Swaddlers?

Any "Swaddlers baby" moms out there who have a recommendation? Thanks!

Radosti
09-18-2006, 06:41 AM
Cruisers are the next best thing after Swaddlers. They aren't as soft, but they move well with the baby.

Momof3Labs
09-18-2006, 07:44 AM
I didn't like Cruisers after using Swaddlers; they are nowhere near as nice. My preference is to move to Huggies Supreme (even though Huggies never worked for us in smaller sizes). Though if Huggies gave your baby rashes, I wouldn't go that route. But don't rule out a brand that didn't work (blow-outs) in smaller sizes since baby shapes change!

shburks
09-18-2006, 01:27 PM
I personally love Cruisers myself (although I remember being very sad when ds outgrew the Swaddlers!). I have recently revisited Huggies Supreme and really like them, but if they don't work for your little one, try the Cruisers.

Susan

atlcombs
09-18-2006, 03:21 PM
DD#1 was a Swaddlers baby and we loved them because you could overlap the tabs. With Cruisers, you can't. . .they just come undone. DD#1 is super skinny and so we needed the overlapping tabs. For that reason, when she outgrew the Swaddlers, we switched to plain old Huggies. We can overlap and all is well in diaper land. For DD#2 we are still in Swaddlers and looks like we'll be in them for some time because she's a skinny mini too. HTH!
~gina

atlcombs
09-18-2006, 03:22 PM
DD#1 was a Swaddlers baby and we loved them because you could overlap the tabs. With Cruisers, you can't. . .they just come undone. DD#1 is super skinny and so we needed the overlapping tabs. For that reason, when she outgrew the Swaddlers, we switched to plain old Huggies. We can overlap and all is well in diaper land. For DD#2 we are still in Swaddlers and looks like we'll be in them for some time because she's a skinny mini too. HTH!
~gina

SnuggleBuggles
09-19-2006, 12:52 PM
Well, we went from cloth and the occaisonal Swaddler to Cruisers. I tried all the other competition in disposable land and found Cruisers to be the best. Why I liked them- stretchy so they reall moved with the baby, not stiff, seemed comfy. I hated diapers like Luvs because they were so stiff and didn't have nearly as much elastic. I tried to think about what I would want if I were wearing them- Cruisers were the best. (Actually, Tushies were but they always gave ds a rash :(- if you can find Tushines give them a try. Not as stretchy as Cruisers but the fabric is much better and they don't have all the yucky chemicals Pampers' has.)

Beth

Tondi G
09-19-2006, 02:19 PM
we went from Swaddlers to Cruisers.... then they put that mesh liner in there and it gave DS rashes! I've heard the Pampers Baby Dry has gotten better now that it has the stretchy sides like cruisers. We switched to Huggies Supreme and then tried out the Kirkland diapers when they sent out the $10.00 off coupons! DS was leaking out of the supremes every night and since we switched to Kirkland diapers we haven't had that problem! Go figure!

I agree with the previous poster who said even if you tried something earlier on it doesn't mean it won't work for you now!

Good luck

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01 and Aidan 5/4/05

hrh_julie
09-19-2006, 10:59 PM
We use Swaddlers, but we also tried the Baby Dry. We did not like the Baby Drys at all. The tabs do not overlap nor do they stretch as much. Also, the diaper feels rougher and more paper-like. Also, our DD is skinny in the waist, and the Baby Drys always seemed too loose. The Huggies Supremes fit pretty nicely.

~Julie

westamp
09-20-2006, 10:26 AM
DS was a swaddlers baby. We moved up to Baby Dry and he's still using them. He can walk fine in them so movement isn't that big a deal. We like Baby Dry because it has less blow outs and leaks (Huggies did not work for us!). Like the other mom said, BD now has more flexible sides.

megs4413
09-20-2006, 04:54 PM
i was devastated when we had to move up from the swaddlers, i loved them so!

we tried EVERYTHING and eventually settled on the cruisers. i don't love them as much as my swaddlers, but they don't leak! and no diaper rash for us....DD has leaks in the baby dry and gets diaper rash with the Huggies....

just give em all a try and what you don't use...sell on craigslist.