PDA

View Full Version : Is there a trick to taking off messy training pants?

julieakc
09-20-2006, 11:29 PM
Title pretty much says it....DS is in a variety of cloth training pants as he doesn't want to wear diapers but is FAR from being potty-trained....so is there some secret to removing poopy training pants without making a huge mess?

TIA

wimama
09-21-2006, 12:49 AM
I guess from your title that you don't have training pants with snaps on the sides. We are not anywhere near the toilet training stage yet, so I can not offer any advise as far as that is concerned.

However, if you are interested in new training pants I know there are training pants with snaps on the sides. I know that Snap-ez sells some.

Joolsplus2
09-21-2006, 07:44 AM
Ugh...no fun.

Will he lie down for a change? I lie Leah on a couple of prefolds and use them to soak, wipe, wrap the whole mess and dump it all in the diaper pail.
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

californiagirl
09-21-2006, 02:44 PM
Having had this issue at daycare on Tuesday and seen how the pros do it... No, there is no secret. Other than being ready to deal with the mess.

mommyoftwo
09-21-2006, 02:49 PM
Well I haven't discovered anything yet. Today Amelia had a really loose messy bowel movement and it was a huge pain to clean up. I had gotten some training pants with snaps but now that she is consistently potty training, they are too small, sigh.