PDA

View Full Version : how do you pretreat with charlie's soap?

lizajane
09-21-2006, 12:53 PM
i got the laundry powder and the all purpose cleaner. i put some all purpose cleaner in a spray bottle with water. but are you supposed to use it full strength? i would run out SO fast if i did that! or should i dissolve a scoop of the powder in water? what works best for you?

Joolsplus2
09-22-2006, 07:11 AM
We're all stumped, lol. Maybe like a teaspoonful dissolved in a cup of water? (as you already suggested...duh...read the post while you post! lol)

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

lizajane
09-22-2006, 09:53 AM
ok, well AP and water wasn't the right combo. did NOTHING for my stains.

so now i am trying a teaspoon of the powder in a water bottle. we'll see...

so far, charlie's soap has accomplished no more than tide. i am still hoping to be impressed.

holliam
09-22-2006, 09:59 AM
LOL.. I don't think it's a wonder treatment. In fact, it probably won't get whites as white as Tide because it doesn't have all those chemical whiteners.

It's just an alternative for folks trying to use more natural products.

Holli

lizajane
09-23-2006, 08:34 PM
who you laughin' at, lady!!! ;)

but seriously. i am trying to use more natural products. and less of them. (as i just said in the other post.) but this one isn't working for me and the website has all these RAVE reviews about the magical stain removal powers of charlie's soap. i just don't get it!

mypa
09-25-2006, 10:19 PM
Sorry to hear about your laundry woes!

I don't have Charlie's Soap but if I want to pretreat to get stains out using a powder detergent I first wet the stained area with water, put a little scoop of the powder directly onto the stain and rub back and forth with both hands. It sort of makes a paste and the powder has some abrassive action and whatever detergent dissolves works to lift the stain out. I let it sit for 5min and throw the whole thing in the wash.

This has worked surprisingly well for me. Just make sure the area is wet enough to form a paste or better yet just make a paste of Charlie's Soap and dab and rub away!