PDA

View Full Version : Help! Vacationing and Family has been "helping" with diaper washing using NO! NO! products

cbscherer
09-26-2006, 09:07 AM
I have been visiting with my family the last week and I brought my CD stash this time. I gave the most likely helper, my mom, washing instructions (no fabric softeners) and checked to make sure they still had the giant bucket of Sam's Club detergent.

WELL, with my family things are never that simple. Turns out they have recently stopped using the Sam's club detergent and have been putting the Surf with ALL stain fighter in the Sam's Club detergent bucket.

Then, I thought the dryers was magically making fabric softener sheets b/c I would open the dryer and find fabric softeners sheets in there after I had put the CD in without them. I ask mom, and she said she was not putting the sheets in there. I finally found the culprit. Dad. He has been doing a lot of laundry around the house lately and he was trying to make sure the diapers were soft. Clearly he was trying to help, but I know this is a bad thing for CD.

Is all lost? They are not leaking yet. I have just ordered some Calgon to use when I get home. Will that fix the buildup problem? Any other suggestions?

JBaxter
09-26-2006, 09:47 AM
You could wash them with some Dawn dish soap. Just a squirt and then wash them then run a wash load w/ nothing ( or calgon). The dawn seemed to help me strip diapers fairly well. Good luck

cbscherer
09-26-2006, 08:24 PM
>You could wash them with some Dawn dish soap. Just a squirt
>and then wash them then run a wash load w/ nothing ( or
>calgon). The dawn seemed to help me strip diapers fairly
>well. Good luck

Do you put the Dawn in the washing machine?

JBaxter
09-26-2006, 10:04 PM
Yes just give a good squirt in the wash cycle.