PDA

View Full Version : Overnight Leaking - Help Needed

saschalicks
09-26-2006, 04:51 PM
DS#1, who is 27 months, has been using Huggies Overnights for almost a year now, with no problem. In the last few weeks we have had a major leak average 3 days a week. Can you help figure out? What should I do?

On another note: Is it possible that this is happening b/c he is cold? He's refusing a blanket at night, and although it's still in the 80's here, maybe he's cold. Or is this an old wive's tale?

cric
09-27-2006, 09:05 AM
We buy some doublers and stick those in overnight. You can usually get them at a grocery store (I buy them at Dominck's/Safeway here). I haven't seen them at Target.

Don't know about the cold theory.

Joolsplus2
09-27-2006, 09:16 AM
I always pee more when *I'm* cold, lol.
Can you move up a size? Or start using pullups (they have overnight pullups now).
Polyester fleece jammies will stink, but keep him dry when he leaks, at least.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

mommyoftwo
09-27-2006, 10:21 AM
You could try a couple of different things. Diaper doublers are expensive but you use adult incontinence products instead and it is much cheaper. You could also put a cloth diaper cover over the disposable to prevent leaks. Amelia has gotten a little better recently but for a while I had to use a doubler (cloth because we cloth diaper during the day) and a cover while using huggies overnights. It was the only way we could prevent her from waking up in a puddle. I would love to use cloth diapers at night too, but there is not a cloth diaper anywhere in the west that can contain her pee. :)