PDA

View Full Version : Post partum pads

psophia17
10-05-2006, 11:48 PM
I promise, no TMI!

After DS was born, the pads the hospital had gave me a major rash. After those, I went with (I think) Kotex, and they were okay, but I still had the rash. When AF came back (11 mos later), I had no luck with anything I tried in terms or rash until I found the Diva Cup.

Mama cloth isn't an option - we'll either be living with the ILs still, or I won't have access to a w/d yet, so sposies it is...

I haven't bought pads since fall 2004, and I need something for postpartum...what pads actually feel like cloth?

Help!

MommyAllison
10-08-2006, 09:33 PM
Sorry Petra, I don't have any suggestions. I don't remember what brand I used PP and AF has not returned so I am far out of the loop! Wanted to bump this for you though

Allison
Mama to DD 11/05

Puddy73
10-09-2006, 09:37 AM
I hated those hospital pads, too, but I had so many stitches that laundry was out of the question and I didn't want DH or MIL to deal with mama cloth. I bought a box of Always super overnights (or something like that - the biggest ones that I could find). They definitely didn't feel like cloth, but they were not too irritating as long as they were changed every 2 hours or so. HTH!

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle 9/08/03 & Finn 10/31/05

"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane." - Jimmy Buffett

katydid1971
10-09-2006, 03:04 PM
I had that same problem with 'Always' pads because they have a plastic top liner. I liked 'Stayfree' pads with the "cotton" top liner. HTH
Sarah

schums
10-10-2006, 08:54 AM
As an regular Always user, I can say that they've dramatically improved their top liner. It's now the "cotton-like" material that many others have gone to. I'd recommend it. I usually have VERY heavy AF, and their ultra-thin "plus size" pad works great -- not bulky at all, longer and wider than the overnights and holds a ton! This is what I used exclusively PP with both DC.

HTH,
Sarah
Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)