PDA

View Full Version : OK, someone, is this for real?

tarynsmum
10-13-2006, 03:30 PM
i just saw a commercial on Discovery Kids, and apparently it is?!?!

www.peterpotty.com

Why not just buy a step stool and call it a day?

JBaxter
10-13-2006, 05:00 PM
Because it works.....
Nathan was wishy washy on potty training up till 2 1/2. We bought Peter Potty and 1 week later no accidents. I highly recommend it. Almost 6 months later he still uses it if one of his brothers is using the down stairs toilet.
It is MUCH neeter in the aim issue than just using a step stool I had no pee on the walls toilet seat rug floor that was happening before. Nathan would not sit to pee. For us it was a wonderful option. I guess what Im saying is dont knock it till you try it.

bcky2
10-13-2006, 05:08 PM
i also was about to buy one of these to try out. my ds wanted to sit and pee and i wanted to have him start standing up for school. he finally did it on the reg potty right around the time that i priced them out. i am really thinking of getting one for my younger ds. my older one can use it too as aim is such an issue, im sick of pee behind the toilet.

lizajane
10-13-2006, 05:47 PM
i don't have one and don't think i will buy one (as money does not actually grow on trees, as i had previously hoped it would) BUT i will say...

why not buy a step stool? because boys shoot pee ALL OVER THE ENTIRE BATHROOM and then you can't find the exact source of the smell and then your master bath/powder room is overwhelmed by the stench of old pee that eludes your cleaning rag FOREVER.

(um, bitter, liza???)

niccig
10-13-2006, 06:01 PM
Sort of OT, but sort of related..
Does everyone teach their DS to stand up to pee? I ask because 3 male members of our family all say they sit at home and only stand at a urinal. When PP mention the pee all over the bathroom, I wondered if this was the way to teach DS...sit down until you're old enough to stand at an urinal?? Mmmm...what do you think?

Nicci

JBaxter
10-13-2006, 07:40 PM
I taught my 2 oldest to sit to pee until they started school. BUT if you have a "strong willed" child as I do they are ONLY going to do it the way they want to. Its great to say have them sit but in reality when they say NO I stand you let them stand.

Thank goodness for the merlins magic spray LOL

niccig
10-13-2006, 09:48 PM
I have one of those strong willed boys....merlins magic spray...I better stock up!

Joolsplus2
10-14-2006, 05:47 PM
My friend with three boys has a rule: Sit at home and other's homes...to avoid misses and splashes... and stand in public so you never have to touch anything.

Sounds fairly ideal, doesn't it? I don't know if it *really* works.. I think my ds is a pretty good aimer... and he puts the seat down reliably...the only problem is it SLAMS... we KNOW he's up in the morning from the sound of the seat slamming and waking the neighbors in the next state over, lol. (My house doesn't have any urine-stinky bathrooms... we used to live with my BIL and the powder room next to the garage where all the beer got drunk was sooooo stinky... think: public urinal trench in third world country...made me wonder why nice urinals aren't in every bathroom in america.. hey... aren't most architects men? why AREn't there urinals in home bathrooms????... :P)

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx
www.joolstag.myarbonne.com

kboyle
10-18-2006, 09:33 AM
dh always says that if we every build a house he'll have his own bathroom with a urinal...i used to think, ewww...but you know how much cleaner that would be!

charlie still doesn't pee standing, he can when we are outside, or if he's somewhere with a urinal, but in general he sits, and i want him to learn to stand since it'll be easier at school since they have reg sized pottys and no stools!! SHOCK!!! so i think around xmas time or right after i might invest in good ole' peter since max will be getting interested soon and if he can be even slightly interested in pt'ing or pt'ing by the time dc3 comes (wow!! first time i've written dc3, i'm gonnna have 3 kids!!) then that would be great!! i know it's a dream, but i think that with charlie leading the way, and with a peter potty around it might persuade max to train earlier.

KrisM
10-18-2006, 09:18 PM
Home Depot sells a toilet seat that has a no-slam feature. It slowly lowers the seat. DS kept slamming it down and I was worried about fingers getting slammed. This new one is much nicer. Also, it is very easily removed for cleaning - no bolts to turn.

Hippoharbor
01-19-2007, 09:07 PM
I am excited, because I just bought two of these. DS is only 23 months old, but I want him to have them available for when he is ready to start potty-training.

Michelle

brittone2
01-19-2007, 10:18 PM
I've debated one too. DS first learned to sit to pee. Then he moved onto standing and had great aim. I thought I had it made w/ my kid LOL. The catch is that while I was all proud of his great aim, that went out the window when clothes were added to the equation ;) For a long time he insisted on stripping naked to pee. We've finally gotten to the point where he can manage to pull down his pants on a step stool or over his little potty, but now he pulls them down to just under his penis, and so his clothing doesn't allow for perfect aim. Now we're getting the infamous splattering of pee on the floor. Not a ton, but enough to require a cleanup which is annoying to say the least.

DS likes using urinals when he's out w/ DH. The first time he used one it was at a Panera at dinner time on a weekend night...pretty busy. He came out of the bathroom w/ DH, loudly rejoicing that he had used the urinal for all to hear. I was totally embarrassed but he provided the other patrons w/ a good laugh ;) A mom next to me w/ a DS just a little younger was cracking up ;)

DS learned to aim standing up after we went camping and I was too lazy to take him to the bathroom in the middle of the night. DH got him to pee standing. So once we got home, he decided peeing in the backyard was tons of fun (thankfully we have a really private backyard). Totally embarrassing that my kid does/did that, but it really did work to develop his aim without a huge mess ;) I had to draw the line at peeing into the driveway from standing on the back steps...sigh. boys :P

edited to fix typo

ribbit1019
01-20-2007, 02:20 AM
OH MY G*D!!! Becky I love your new AVATAR!!!! I want it!!

I plan on get a peter potty pending us moving to a new house (no room in current one and I am not comfortable having Peter in my livingroom, lol) But for that reason I hate cleaning up pee, bad enough I had to tell DH to sit when he pees in the downstairs bathroom. (got tired of cleaning the carpeting, blech!)

Christy
Wife to Richard
My Waterbabies
http://lilypie.com/pic/060928/Yw0w.jpg http://b3.lilypie.com/H-lkm5.png
http://lilypie.com/pic/060928/iBmU.jpg http://bf.lilypie.com/tkq-m5.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/steitzsmith/Other/jump.gif