PDA

View Full Version : What the heck? The smell

Radosti
10-18-2006, 11:47 AM
My DS is 10 months old and uses Huggies overnights for nighttime and cruisers for daytime. Recently, when he wakes up in the morning, he has been sooooo stinky. The overnighter diaper contains the pee, but the old pee smell is horrid. Also, I've noticed that every once in a while (but only rarely), I'll get a smelly Cruiser off of him during the day.

Is this normal? He's 26 lbs and currently in Size 4 diapers, but as soon as we finish this bag of overnighters, we're going to Size 5 for those. I still have 3 cases of Size 4 cruisers (I went a bit crazy when they were on sale at TRU and they were stacking coupons and I got each case for $18.99 with 124 diapers in it). I looked at my receipts and they are out of the 90 day return policy range or I'd have taken them back to trade for size 5 diapers. I tried a size 5 Huggies supreme on him and it fit fine (it was a walmart sample).

Don't know what to do? Are these diapers too small? They still fit ok. His thighs are really chubby and it's becoming hard to position the size 4 diapers correctly, but they haven't leaked or anything yet.

Thanks for all the advice in advance.

lizajane
10-18-2006, 04:04 PM
the chemicals used to make disposable diapers react with the pee and make that smell. some are more prone to it that others. i can't stand the smell of wet 'sposies. wet cloth dipes don't smell like that. (at least not when baby is wearing them... now after a few days in the diaper pail, LOOK OUT!)

so it isn't anything you are doing wrong.

MissyAg94
10-18-2006, 07:11 PM
We get the same smell overnight. I change her diapers often during the day but if she is in one too long it will smell. We use both Pampers and Huggies Supreme and I think the Huggies do it worse but we occasionally get a smelly Cruiser.