PDA

View Full Version : Potty Training CDs

downwarddog
10-18-2006, 06:10 PM
OK, so I'm VERY new to the PTing world -- my DD is 2 y.o. and still CDing, but I do have some disp. Pull-Ups that we're trying out.

Clearly she needs dipes she can pull up and down herself -- is there such a thing in the cloth world? I originally thought we could use our FBs or something, but quickly realize that in reality that just won't work (always so frugal!)... She pees too much to use thick underwear at this early stage.

What does everyone use as they change from CDs into PTing-Land???

~Lenore
Mommy to Cadi, 9/04
Baby Smith due 6/3/07

KrisM
10-18-2006, 09:13 PM
We're actually using Pull-Ups. We do underwear around the house, but Pull-Ups when we go out. I tell him they are special underwear to wear in the car and we don't pee in underwear. It seems to work, since they're nothing like his CDs that he's worn for years. Today, we were out for about 4 hours and the Pull-Up stayed dry as we made it to the potty each time.

nisi
10-18-2006, 10:26 PM
Check out the Imse Vimse training pants. They aren't 100% leakproof - a big accident will wick around the legs and get clothes damp unless you change it immediately. But, they do contain most accidents and they aren't too bulky and they're nice & soft and they seem comfortable and the child definitely knows they're wet and they wash up easily and the legs are cut bigger so they're easy to pull up and.. and.. and... well, we love them :-) Even one of dd's daycare teachers, who has been working with the 18-36mo group for years and has helped train A LOT of kids, told me how much she liked them. FYI - I do think their weight/age ranges are optimistic. If your dd is close to the next size, definitely size up, especially if you plan to wash & dry on hot as they will shrink a bit.

Another option is to use the cheap Gerber or Penneys trainers and get a few pull on diaper covers to use when you go out or when you're getting sick of mopping up the floor at home ;-) Dappi's work great for this, and they're cheap - around $5 for a 2 pack. Also, if you buy some trainers a size too big, you can put 2 on her when you need a little extra protection (naps, car rides, etc.)

Happy potty training!

Nisi
CPS tech and mom to 2 girls, 2/01 and 12/04