PDA

View Full Version : pampers easy-ups

megs4413
10-20-2006, 02:24 PM
does anyone use these? we've been in cruisers for ever, but DD is recently unwilling to lay down for changes at times. I really dont' want to resort to physically forcing her (though i've had to) so i was thinking maybe the easy ups for times where she just can't make herself lay down....any thoughts? i bought a small package, but am hesitant to open it without some feedback from BTDTs!

elliput
10-20-2006, 02:44 PM
I have been using easy-ups with DD for a couple of months. She still does need to lie still for a bit (especially if she has a poopie), but diaper changes seem to be going quite a bit better for us with them. The biggest downside with easy-ups is having to completely take off shoes and pants in order to get a new one on.

lilycat88
10-20-2006, 03:04 PM
We used them and didn't like them. They don't absorb quite as well as a diaper and we had insta'rash. They are a pain to take off because you have to either tear the sides to remove or take pants off entirely. We do most wet diaper changes standing up and I prefer that to easy-ups. It might take a couple of times to get the hang of it but over all it's a much better option at our house. Also, they are more expensive and if *she* likes them more than you do, you're going to be stuck with them until PT and she might decide she NEVER wants to lay down for a change. Just our thoughts and experiences.

octmom
10-22-2006, 02:55 PM
This is the reason DS's daycare teachers insist on Pull-Ups rather than Easy-Ups. We were using Easy-Ups until DS moved up to a new room at the beginning of September. Pull-Ups have velcro (almost hidden) in the side panels so you can change a dipe without removing the pants/ shoes or tearing the sides. I have found the quality of the two products to be about the same. We've always used Pampers until this point (Swaddlers then Cruisers) and still use Cruisers for DD.

Jerilyn
DS, 10/03
DD, 3/06

pittsburghgirl
10-22-2006, 06:10 PM
I had a sample easy-up and didn't like it, it didn't hold as much.

We have been doing standing diaper changes for ages. I even have to do poopy changes in public restrooms standing, which is a whole different issue (he will lay down at home for a poopy diaper.) We don't battle nearly as much for changes as we did a while back (I don't remember which was the worst phase/age).

The whole taking the clothes off thing is a real downer to easy-ups IMO. Plus, as DS inches closer to actually PTing he holds it longer and then really floods, so the absorbency is an issue.

Marilee
mommy to James
http://b3.lilypie.com/CSwdm4.png

niccig
10-23-2006, 03:41 PM
A few months back my DS was fighting all diaper changes. Now he doesn't. I think most kids go through this stage. I can put a normal dipe on DS while he stands up, and I did this for wet changes. I also got him to help me, he will hold the wipe and wipe himself, after I've done it. Hopefully, you'll DD will grow out of it soon.
Nicci