PDA

View Full Version : Zeets disposable potty seats

kristenk
11-07-2006, 12:47 PM
Has anyone ever seen these or used these before? I found it through the Diaper Hunt and wanted to see if anyone had any IRL experience. I think they're a little pricey, but we wouldn't be using them too often, either. Any thoughts?

Oh, guess it helps to add a link:

http://www.zeets.com/

edited to delete massive pic

daisymommy
11-08-2006, 11:09 AM
My first impression is: Great, something else to lug around in my diaper bag, and one more thing to end up in the trash and our landfills.

kristenk
11-08-2006, 03:43 PM
Huh. My first thought was, Great, a way that my 2yo DD might actually use the potty if we're not at home. She doesn't like it when I hold her up and she's not big enough to actually sit down and get everything where it needs to be. I guess we have a fold-up potty seat, but that gets pretty heavy to carry around. (Of course, some of this is speculation b/c DD still uses diapers but she's using the potty more and more and I'd like to be prepared.) Thanks for the reply.

daisymommy
11-08-2006, 09:51 PM
Have you tried one of the small fold up seats with the characters on it (Sesame Street, Dora, etc.) They fold up pretty small and lightweight. I still hated to carry them though. I was so glad when DS learned to stand up and go! I know thats no help for a girl though...sorry!

kristenk
11-09-2006, 05:04 PM
We do have one of the small fold-up seats. I think it has Sesame Street characters on it. It doesn't have handles, though and doesn't seem like the sturdiest of things (not like the Zeets would be any better on that front).

In all honesty, I think that Zeets sounded like a good idea b/c I was thinking of my MIL taking DD to a public restroom. MIL is really weird about public restrooms. When DH was growing up, the entire seat had to be covered with a protective layer of toilet paper (now I ask, how much protection does TP actually provide?!?). I think that's fine and normal and can understand that. However, FIL and MIL just purchased a new house and MIL wouldn't sit on the toilet seats until they had actually been replaced with new seats. The toilets had been cleaned by FIL (and maybe MIL, too), btw. He's only replaced one seat so far, so that's the only bathroom where she'll actually sit.

DD will have enough to deal with just using the potty. I don't want to make her phobic of the big toilet! I know public restrooms aren't the cleanest places, but sometimes you have to use them. I thought that the Zeets might provide enough of a barricade for MIL's peace of mind if she takes DD to use the potty, but still be normal enough for DD to not think about it too much! LOL

JacksMommy
11-14-2006, 10:52 PM
Sounds like this would be a great option for you!

Laurel
Mama to Jack 6/02 and Maddy 12/04

Babywearing education in Napa, CA