PDA

View Full Version : least smelly diaper pail?????

bugglemom
11-08-2006, 05:32 PM
Okay, I'm pregnant wiht baby #2 and I've got awful morning sickness and odor sensitivity. DS #1's diaper pail is killing me. We never bought a diaper genie because I didn't want to be a slave to the special bags. We've been using an inexpensive one wiht regular kitchen garbage bags but I'm desperate now.

What is the best, least smelly diaper pail????

niccig
11-08-2006, 07:38 PM
Dump the contents into the toilet, or have the pail outside or put all poopy diapers immediately in the trash outside and just put pee diapers in the pail. We dump all poop into the toilet and no smell at all.

HTH
Nicci

bugglemom
11-08-2006, 08:27 PM
I do flush the contents but his BMs are pretty loose so there's always some left on the diaper. I have been taking them outside but I'm feeling so very sick that I was hoping to find a diaper pail that might seal the smell better. I'm in bad shape these days!

niccig
11-09-2006, 04:15 PM
You probably have such a sensitive nose that anything will trigger it. I would try the perfumed plastic bags you can get, and put each dirty dipe in it before putting it in the pail, but the perfume may affected you as well. Maybe taking dirty dipes immediately to the trash can outside is the only answer.
I hope it gets better.
Nicci

mldflygirl
11-09-2006, 07:10 PM
It's one of the most expensive, but I was thrilled with our Diaper Dekor+. I'd recommend it over a Diaper Genie any day!!

hbridge
11-10-2006, 08:24 PM
We also have the diaper dekor +. After 3 years of use there has been some smell, but only when we were putting dirty diapers in every day. It's much better now that we are only using it for wet.

robinsonbn
11-11-2006, 03:07 PM
I am only 6 weeks in but we have the Diaper Genie 2. It works really well, my freind has the original and her house smells all the time. Ours we never smell a thing except when changing the bags which is quick and easy.

Kindra178
11-12-2006, 08:25 PM
We have ABSOLUTELY no smell with the Diaper Dekor Plus. We do buy the bags (I order them for drugstore.com - no tax and no shipping if you spend enough).

theloo
11-15-2006, 06:16 PM
>We have ABSOLUTELY no smell with the Diaper Dekor Plus. We
>do buy the bags (I order them for drugstore.com - no tax and
>no shipping if you spend enough).

These are on sale right now, but I don't see the free shipping (only free shipping for new customers, which I am not). How do you get free shipping?