PDA

View Full Version : Looking for very small training pants and thin AIOs

maestramommy
11-14-2006, 04:30 PM
I have a friend who is Ec-ing her now 7 month old baby. She is currently CDing, but is looking for training pants. The trouble is that most training pants are way too big because they are assumingly used for older children. So far she has only managed to find Gerber pants at the Target, but would love to find another source as long as she doesn't have to pay $20 per pant.

She is also wanting to stop the diaper service and get her own stash, and is looking at AIOs. However, most that I know of have that liner that pulls wetness aways from the baby. And they're rather poufy. She actually wants something very thin/streamlined that needs to be changed very soon after wetting, probably due to the Ec-ing.

I know the BBB mamas here have lots of ideas so lay 'em on me! TIA!

Joolsplus2
11-14-2006, 04:44 PM
I'm in love with Happy Hempy's right now...they can be stuffed, but don't have to be, and are much easier to put on than a prefold. www.theecstore.com has prefold belts that are pretty cool, but harder to do than the hempys (but cheap...). Poquito Pants from www.wonderbabydesigns.com are trim AIO's, but spendy...

Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

nisi
11-15-2006, 01:39 PM
Would the Bumkins AIOs work for her? They aren't *too* bulky (nothing like Kushies), they don't have a feel-dry layer, and they don't hold much on their own so they would need to be changed right away.

Not much help on the trainers. I love the Imse Vimse tainers, but I think even their Small would be pretty big on a 7mo. The size D Nikky trainers *might* fit a 7mo. They're cut pretty small. They may be out of her budget though.
http://naturalbaby.stores.yahoo.net/newacniktrai.html

mamicka
11-15-2006, 05:42 PM
I was going to suggest Kushies infant size AIOs. I think they're quite trim for an AIO, much trimmer than the Bumkins AIOs that we have.

Allison

lizajane
11-15-2006, 06:56 PM
i definitely don't have time right now, but what about a custom order from a WAHM? what about shandelle? other WAHM ideas?

maestramommy
11-15-2006, 10:06 PM
sure, any WAHM ideas are welcome!

MommyAllison
11-19-2006, 05:14 PM
I bet if you go to www.hyenacart.com and do a search for training pants, you'd get a bunch of WAHM that could do some customs. I would definitely check out feedback before ordering though! Feedback is in the Hyenacart forums. HTH!

Allison
Mama to DD 11/05