PDA

View Full Version : Should I step up the PT?

niccig
11-20-2006, 11:00 PM
The last 4 days DS has been telling us when he need to use the potty and is actually going, doing both pee and poo about twice a day. He still goes in his diaper as well. We haven't been trying hard, just putting him on the potty a few times a day and when he asks. I'm wondering if we should step things up with a few days of nakey time? I was going to wait until after Christmas as we'll be visiting family, and I'm not sure if really concentrating for 2 weeks and then being with family for a few weeks will confuse him? But I also don't want to be too slow and not respond to his needs.

I also need to do something for when we're out. He asked yesterday at a store without a restroom - what do you do then?

Any thoughts or advice, as always, is very welcome.
Nicci

JBaxter
11-21-2006, 06:51 AM
Sounds like he took the first step. I would definately recommend a week of naked time. Even if you have lots of people around just let them know he is going potty and have everyone take him.
As for stores w/out a bathroom.... I usually just asked when we entered the mall and went to pee where there was a bathroom. LOL like when your pregnant you KNOW what stores have and dont have the bathrooms. When Nathan started I would put a fuzzi bunz or a pull up OVER his undies when we went out.

I wouldnt wait you may miss the window of interest sounds like he is ready now and in 6 weeks he may decide not to care.
Good luck

niccig
11-21-2006, 05:55 PM
Thanks. We're going to try after the weekend. I'm away and DH wants to wait. I'll remember the tip about the pocket or pull up OVER his undies when we're out. That's a good tip. I need to get a small potty for the car, he's wanted to go when we've been driving too. Ok, from Monday we're going to give it a go.

Nicci

KrisM
11-21-2006, 09:52 PM
Good luck!

DS was interested just before 2 years, too. It didn't "take", but I do think it helped a lot in the long run. He's 2.5 now and is 100% trained at home naked. We're adding shorts tomorrow and seeing how he does with that. He won't tell us when we're out though.