PDA

View Full Version : PT - how do I get clothes on him??

KrisM
11-26-2006, 09:38 AM
DS is 100% PT when he's home and naked. No accidents in over 2 weeks. But, adding anything, even just loose shorts, and it's very hard. He sometimes does and sometimes doesn't. Do we just need to go with clothes and deal with it? That's where we were before naked time.

Also, he just does his thing at home and doesn't tell us. That's fine, but he also won't tell us when he needs to go when out. Any idea of how I can get him to tell us when he's out of the house?

kochh2
11-26-2006, 10:55 AM
I was just coming to look for the same info... hope someone has a good answer!!
:)

o_mom
11-26-2006, 12:06 PM
We had this problem, but I don't have any magic solutions. It took months - 3-4 at least. I just laid off for awhile, went naked at home and was glad for fewer diapers. I would talk about it when we were out - "Oh, next time you will tell me before you have to go", "Pee/poop goes in the potty", etc. Occasionally tried shorts at home with no success. Then one day, he told me when he had a diaper on that he had to go - and he did (of course waiting until the day he had diarrhea so we spent 45 min in the parking lot of Meijer while he went every 5 min, LOL). The next day I started shorts/sweats at home and he was fine. After a week of pants at home I got brave and went out without a diaper. I think he was "commando" for about 3-4 weeks and we have finally gotten underwear on him. :-) I would say he was totally day trained right around his 3rd birthday, but we are still in diapers for nap/night.

lizajane
11-26-2006, 02:51 PM
we used a bummis pull on over underpants when out so that we weren't using a diaper, but also so we didn't have pee all over the grocery store floor...

KrisM
11-26-2006, 05:57 PM
I am glad for fewer diapers! And, he holds it a while now, so we often can wear one pullup all day long and keep it dry.

Hopefully, he'll decide soon.

daisymommy
11-27-2006, 01:45 PM
Just chiming in that we had the exact same problem with clothing=accidents. Not sure what the deal is! But it eventually resolved itself, thru no doing of my own. It just got better and better till he was totally trained, even with clothes on.