PDA

View Full Version : Reader Poll: Disposable Diapers!

alandenisefields
12-01-2006, 12:51 PM
Hi folks! We are updating our BABY BARGAINS book and wanted your feedback on disposable diapers (don't worry---we will do a cloth diaper poll shortly).

For disposable diapers:

1. What's your favorite brand of disposable diapers?
2. Any diapers that did NOT work for you?
3. Where do you find the best deals on diapers?
4. Diaper wipes---any favorites? Any ones to avoid?

Feel free to name names, brands, stores, web sites, etc.!

Thanks in advance!

Alan & Denise Fields
authors, BABY BARGAINS

lizajane
12-01-2006, 01:05 PM
i am a cloth user, but we need sposies for preschool... so here goes:

fav brand is pampers cruisers (or swaddlers) but they cost too much, so the fav brand in terms of costs AND non-leakability is white cloud from walmart. work as well as pampers, don't smell like chemical pee and cheap.

diapers that do NOT work are:
pampers baby dry. they are HORRIBLE!!!
regular huggies (as in not supreme.) leak like crazy.
luvs- also leak like crazy.

best deals- walmart (white cloud)
diaper wipes- don't like pampers (too wet) or target brand. love huggies natural care, but i find the parent's choice from walmart are very similar and are much cheaper.

SnuggleBuggles
12-01-2006, 01:33 PM

Mainstream- Pampers' premium (Swaddlers, Cruisers)
Natural- Tushies because they are very cloth like, not near as many chemicals, and stretchier than Seventh Generation

They all worked. Never had leaks with any. I based my decisions on what I would want to wear. Would I want stretchy ones with elastic or stiff, paper-like ones like Luvs.

Not a bargain shopper so I just bought them at Target.

They change design too much. In 2002 it would have been Pampers' hands down. They went down in quality after they redesigned them (they took more than 1 wipe to do the same job 1 used to). But, they are still better than any of the other mainstream options. Hated Huggies- I found they weren't moist enough and would not glide smoothly over ds.

RiaHannam
12-01-2006, 02:32 PM
>
>1. What's your favorite brand of disposable diapers?

~~I like Pampers Swaddlers for NB, 1&2's. Huggies are great in sizes 3 and up. However the new Huggies Cuddlers work well in all sizes.

>2. Any diapers that did NOT work for you?

~~Huggies older style NB leaked for us. However the new cuddlers work well.

>3. Where do you find the best deals on diapers?

~~Usually Target when they go on sale. I always use a coupon. At our local King Soopers (Kroger) they give $3 off coupons for Pampers every so often at checkout. That combined with their sale on Jumbo packs makes a great deal!

>4. Diaper wipes---any favorites? Any ones to avoid?

Huggies NaturalCare unscented. Never liked Pampers wipes - they are too wet! I also like Huggies Shea butter and Huggies Lavender/chamomile.

MommyAllison
12-01-2006, 02:41 PM
We use cloth now, but used disposables for the first 8 months of DD's life. So...

We never could find any brand of disposables that didn't leak daily on DD (hence the switch to cloth). We did not try White Cloud, but thats because we don't shop at Walmart. I usually bought Kirkland diapers at Costco once we had established that all brands were equally leaky. :) The only wipes that DD could tolerate were Kirkland Signature (Costco) - all others made her bum bright red, even the "Natural Care" and unscented wipes.

Allison
Mama to DD 11/05

set81616
12-01-2006, 03:01 PM
Favorite
1)Pampers Baby Dry or Cruisers and CVS brand Soft and Dry (the cheaper of their 2 brands)
2) Huggies- Leaked horribley and gave DS worst rash he has ever had.
3)CVS when buy 1 get 1 on their brand usually get a $4 off $20 purchase when check out so can come back and get 4 packages for $20 (no perfume or franchised characters on them)
4)Target generic. like pampers generic better than huggies but huggies are one at a time dispemse while pampers arn't. Not sure about other brands but sometimes they can be very hard to open the plastic. They are so much cheaper though.
Shannon

SDNikki
12-01-2006, 03:25 PM
1. Pampers Cruisers (esp. for nighttime) or Pampers Baby Dry (ONLY the new ones with the extra stretchy sides and softer outside). Also the Kirkland (Costco) brand ones aren't too bad, a little scratchy, but DS doesn't seem to mind.

2. Huggies Regular and Luvs- leaks everywhere

3. Target or BRU with coupons from Pampers. Or Costco for Kirkland brand

4. Kirkland (Costco) brand are the BEST wipes. Not too slimy/wet and no stinky smell to irritate DS sensitive bottom! Oh, and cheap!

doberbrat
12-01-2006, 03:52 PM
I cd now, but did sposies till 7mo and cd part time till 1yr

newborn = pampers swaddlers
6+mo huggies supreme
Generic = Walmart (I just hate to support them)

Hugies ‘regular’ might as well not have bothered w/a diaper!
Luvs
Cvs (worked at first then leaked every time)

Target on sale
Bru on sale
Discounter (bldg 19)

Especially for baby newborn cloth unscented (BRU Brand) and huggies natural care are both my favorites. Huggies is a little thicker & drier but the bru ones are cheaper.

Avoid the pampers sensitive – they’re too thin and watery!

tarahsolazy
12-01-2006, 04:02 PM
7th Generation.

They have the absorbant gel, which is pretty icky, however, the paper is not bleached. They were the only ones that didn't give DS a rash.

The best place to buy them is by the case, online at Amazon or drugstore.com.

skipspin
12-01-2006, 05:31 PM
1- Pampers Cruisers/Swaddlers
I was also happy with Kirkland (Costco) and Target brands
2- Huggies, the tabs always broke off on the regular ones, and at different stages the premium were really puffy.

3- Sale and coupon combinations at Target or BabiesRUs, or Costco

4- Kirkland Signature, hands down. They are softer, come in great bags that seal, and aren't too dry or too wet. They're also very reasonably priced.

MarisaSF
12-01-2006, 05:44 PM
1. Pampers Cruisers. I liked Tushies (gel-free), but they were expensive and hard to find.

2. Target brand diapers consistently leaked for newborn. Never tried them after that. I found the brown 7th Generation ones to be too bulky.

3. I didn't look around too much, but get them at Target. (We use cloth mostly, but keep disposables around.)

4. DD has sensitve skin. The best disposable wipes for us are Target Sensitive Skin. I haven't found those recently, so I've started getting the Pampers Sensitive Skin which work well too (but are more expensive).

MamaMolly
12-01-2006, 09:50 PM
For newborn, I liked White cloud from walmart, followed by Huggies. Then we went to 1-2 size of Kirkland (Costco) and they worked really well. Now she is in size 2 which is a little too big,( but hey, it's better than too small!) in Pampers. She's had a few blow outs, but I think it is more due to size than quality.

Hate hate hate the Huggies regular. The area in the front where the diaper is sealed was a mess, bulky and really scratchy. DD whimpered for a day before I figured it out. To their credit, when I contacted the company, they sent me a coupon for a free pkg. up to $16. This time I got the 'Supremes" but still haven't tried them yet.

Pampers newborn leaked like crazy.

Costco. We'll go back when DD is in 3s.

We've only tried Huggies Natural Care sensitive. We get them at Walmart, in the big refill pack.

MamaMolly
12-01-2006, 09:50 PM
For newborn, I liked White cloud from walmart, followed by Huggies. Then we went to 1-2 size of Kirkland (Costco) and they worked really well. Now she is in size 2 which is a little too big,( but hey, it's better than too small!) in Pampers. She's had a few blow outs, but I think it is more due to size than quality.

Hate hate hate the Huggies regular. The area in the front where the diaper is sealed was a mess, bulky and really scratchy. DD whimpered for a day before I figured it out. To their credit, when I contacted the company, they sent me a coupon for a free pkg. up to $16. This time I got the 'Supremes" but still haven't tried them yet.

Pampers newborn leaked like crazy.

Costco. We'll go back when DD is in 3s.

We've only tried Huggies Natural Care sensitive. We get them at Walmart, in the big refill pack.

lilycat88
12-01-2006, 10:10 PM
1. Pampers Swaddlers/Cruisers. Huggies Overnight when we were going through a period where she was wetting VERY heavy at night. They are somewhat spotty on availability.

2. Hated Huggies. The newborn ones we used (granted...over 2 years ago)were stiff as cardboard and we never tried any other types until the Overnights.

3. I like getting diapers from Amazon.com. They have a larger box than you can get at Target/Meijer/Walmart and when you get them during their sale for $10 off a purchase of $49.99 in Grocery (diapers and wipes are included), it's a decent deal. Plus, no tax and free shipping to my door. I'll pay a little more generally not to have to lug a box of diapers around but this way I don't have to.

4. Pampers Sensitive for diaper changes. We use the Costco Kirkland brand for *other* wipes usage. They are great to just have around for generaly clean up. DD seems to have a little more sensitivity to them for diapering but we do use them when out since they are in the diaper bag.

Jamelin
Mom to Susanna born 6/29/2004

lilycat88
12-01-2006, 10:10 PM
1. Pampers Swaddlers/Cruisers. Huggies Overnight when we were going through a period where she was wetting VERY heavy at night. They are somewhat spotty on availability.

2. Hated Huggies. The newborn ones we used (granted...over 2 years ago)were stiff as cardboard and we never tried any other types until the Overnights.

3. I like getting diapers from Amazon.com. They have a larger box than you can get at Target/Meijer/Walmart and when you get them during their sale for $10 off a purchase of $49.99 in Grocery (diapers and wipes are included), it's a decent deal. Plus, no tax and free shipping to my door. I'll pay a little more generally not to have to lug a box of diapers around but this way I don't have to.

4. Pampers Sensitive for diaper changes. We use the Costco Kirkland brand for *other* wipes usage. They are great to just have around for generaly clean up. DD seems to have a little more sensitivity to them for diapering but we do use them when out since they are in the diaper bag.

Jamelin
Mom to Susanna born 6/29/2004

KrisM
12-02-2006, 06:41 AM
We're a cloth family, too, but due to washing machine problems we occassionally use disposibles.

1. Favorite is Huggies Supreme. Next is Target brand.
2. Pampers Baby Dry seemed to leak more than others. All-in-all Pampers smell pretty bad. It was hard to know if the baby needed changing or if it was just a bad mix of pee and perfume we were smelling.
3. Target with coupons.
4. Cloth. I won't use disposible wipes. Even on a vacation when I'm bring disposible diapers, I bring cloth wipes. They are just so much better all around! If I had to do disposible diapers all the time, I'd still use cloth wipes.

KrisM
12-02-2006, 06:41 AM
We're a cloth family, too, but due to washing machine problems we occassionally use disposibles.

1. Favorite is Huggies Supreme. Next is Target brand.
2. Pampers Baby Dry seemed to leak more than others. All-in-all Pampers smell pretty bad. It was hard to know if the baby needed changing or if it was just a bad mix of pee and perfume we were smelling.
3. Target with coupons.
4. Cloth. I won't use disposible wipes. Even on a vacation when I'm bring disposible diapers, I bring cloth wipes. They are just so much better all around! If I had to do disposible diapers all the time, I'd still use cloth wipes.

Marriedladytara
12-02-2006, 06:49 AM
- We use Huggies - the regular ones, not Supreme.

- We have tried pretty much every diaper that is widely marketed. Our son is skinny, and most diapers did not fit him well, especially when he was small. Others leaked, or smelled too perfumey.

Pampers - didn't fit well (although we used the Swaddlers early on and they were ok. I know most people love them!
Luvs - didn't fit well - seemed WAY too big and they SMELLED!!!
Huggies Supreme - they were great, but our guy didn't need the Supreme part and we save money by using the regular ones!
Store Brands - CVS, Target, Wal-Mart - none of them fit well enough. I always felt like the tabs were coming undone!

We buy in bulk at Costco!!!

I thought the Pampers Sensitive ones felt nice but they smelled yucky (as you can see, I'm quite sensitive to smells!) The Huggies ones have no scent, but felt kinda scratchy. Now we use the Costco Kirkland ones and we love them. They have no scent and are cheap, and they actually feel great!

thomma
12-02-2006, 07:50 AM
For size 5 and 6: Luvs; we've never had leakage and they fit my "big" kids well
Loved Huggies Overnites

We couldn't find a store brand that worked for us.
BJs
BJ's brand that is the Huggies knock off
I hate the pull up kind but that's all you can find now

We have used a lot of diapers in the past 3 1/2 years. I agree with the pp who mentioned that the "big" companies tend to redesign their diapers frequently. So technically my favorite diapers were the pampers swaddlers and cruisers but I'm sure they are not the same diaper I used 3 years ago.

pb&j
12-02-2006, 10:40 AM
1. Huggies Supremes, and White Cloud from Walmart
2. Pampers Swaddlers gave DS a terrible rash, and both DH and I hated the very strong perfumey scent
3. Toys R Us has good prices on large boxes, and often has $5 off coupons in their circulars. The White Cloud diapers are very inexpensive every day.
4. Love the Target sensitive wipes. Plus, they're much cheaper than name brands.

-Ry,
mom to Emma, stillborn 11/04/04
and Max, 01/05/06

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/35775.gif
http://b1.lilypie.com/aKGqm5/.png[/img] ([img)

racerl1
12-02-2006, 10:45 AM
1. I use Pampers Cruisers. They work the best for DS. We've never had a leak, except when it was time to move him to the next size.
2. Pampers Baby Dry did not work. We had numerous leaks with Baby Dry.
3. I buy all my diapers at BJ's. We save a lot of money on diapers, and BJ's often offers $3.00 coupons for Pampers, making it even better.
4. I've only purchased Pampers wipes, and have never had a problem. I bought unscented/sensitive when DS was a newborn. Now I buy the fresh scent. They seem to be the same thing other than scent.

DrSally
12-02-2006, 01:24 PM
Pampers Swaddlers size 1 and 2
Huggies Supreme size 3 and up

Target and BRU generics leaked every time. Cruisers were not wide enough to fit around his chubby thighs, but they are soft and flexible. In general, Pampers are too perfumey. Luvs too stiff, caused red marks on Ds's thighs

3. Where do you find the best deals on diapers? BRU or Target on sale with coupon

Target sensitive in bulk box, like pampers sensitive but less expensive. Huggies natural care too stiff and didn't remove poo easily, too rough.

jennifer13
12-03-2006, 12:07 PM
How funny, it just goes to show that the best piece of advice is to try out a lot of different kinds to see what works for you, because everyone's experience is so different!

1. Luvs. For newborns, Pampers Swaddlers, but after that Luvs from size 1-5.

2. Huggies do not have perfume, which is a plus, but they do not control odor very well. We recently tried them and my infant always smelled like urine.

3. Cub Foods- is that local to the Midwest?- they have the same prices as Target, and is more convenient to us. Mostly we go to Target, but I was impressed with the prices at Cub.

4. I love Target soft cloth wipes. Much cheaper, and they've improved the quality.

Jennifer
Mom to Norah 5/23/03
and Leah 3/24/05

tylersmama
12-03-2006, 11:21 PM
We mostly use cloth, but do sposies when we're travelling out of town.

Pampers Swaddlers are our favorite, by far. We haven't really had any problems, per se, with any other brands, but Huggies and Luvs just seemed so stiff and paper-y, not as comfortable for DS. The Swaddlers also seem to fit his long, skinny body well, better than the other brands.
Our favorite wipes are Huggies (which we used to get at Costco, but they didn't have them last time). Nice and thick, good moisture content. The Kirkland brand at Costco is fine, but thinner than the Huggies and seem to be a little drier. We've also used the Pampers wipes, but again, they seemed to be thin and drier than the Huggies.

JBaxter
12-04-2006, 02:03 PM

size 1 & 2 the huggies supreme worked well for breast fed poo
size 3&4 pampers cruisers

Pampers baby dry leaked
huggies regular leaked
We battled diaper rashes for a whole year ( bleeding blistered ones) then I discovered cloth and no more rashes I saw no difference in the rashes w/ the different types of disposables but my ped suggested they didnt allow is bum to breath. Cloth was the answer

Grocery store sales and coupons

Unsented huggies worked for us
anything sented gave him a rash

Canna
12-04-2006, 03:32 PM
1. Favorite Brand: White Cloud or Walgreens Supreme, Pampers Swaddlers

2. Pampers Cruisers and Baby Dry both cause DD to have severe contact dermatitis. We're not sure if it is from the dyes used, the fragrance, or something else. We used Swaddlers with no problems when she was smaller, but they size 3+ Pampers have not worked for us.

3. The White Cloud (Walmart) are a great deal. Otherwise: Babies R Us, Toys R Us, Walmart, Target, sometimes grocery store sales are good.

4. We love the generic fragrance-free wipes (Compare to Huggies) available in large boxes at Target and Walmart. (The wipes are identical at the two stores.)

DrSally
12-04-2006, 05:05 PM
I've wondered about the Walgreens Supreme, Are they similar to huggies supreme?

inmypjs
12-05-2006, 09:33 AM

Everyday use - Pampers Swaddlers for when baby is new (ie size newborn, 1, 2). They were the only ones for us that didn't leak. Then for sizes beyond that we love Walmart White Cloud! No leaks and can't beat the price! For overnite we love Huggies Overnite.

Huggies newborns were a disaster. Leaking all the time.

White Clouds are only at Walmart, I believe. Otherwise I can get the best deals at BRU and TRU. I wait until they have their big coupon books where you get $5 off a value size box, and then I use whatever manufacturers coupons I can find. They let you combine these so that is great. And at my area store they don't seem very picky about expiration dates or if the coupon is for Cruisers instead of Swaddlers, etc. I have found that going to TRU instead of BRU can be beneficial - BRU may get low on stock but people often forget that some TRU stores have baby items too and at the same price.

Many here like the Kirkland wipes from Costco but I did not like these at all. Both Pampers and Huggies make good ones. The Pampers seem softer and not as stiff. We now buy all Target brand wipes, because they have 3-4 different kinds that imitate Pampers and Huggies brands. The boxes say "compare to Pampers sensitive" and they really are very similar. They are 1/2 to 1/3 less in cost.

mldflygirl
12-05-2006, 09:47 PM
I use cloth diapers during the day & disposables at night (and sometimes "out & about"), but I didn't start using cloth until DS was almost 4 months old.

PAMPERS - any kind. When DS was a newborn, Pampers Swaddlers were the *only* brand that fit him right. (For what it's worth, I think Pampers end up smelling stronger/worse than other brands after they're wet.) LUVS don't leak either, but the stretchy sides on Pampers make it a LOT easier to put them on a squirmy baby!

HUGGIES - leaked VERY badly when DS was a newborn, and were more prone to leaks in size 1 & 2 than Pampers or Luvs.

WAL-MART. I use coupons too. I signed up online with Pampers & get a lot of coupons from them.

FAVORITE - Huggies NaturalCare unscented: a good balance of wetness, but not TOO wet, and mild.
AVOID - Johnson's (pink packaging - I don't remember the name): STRONGLY scented & "oily" feeling, the top half of the stack was usually too dry, and the bottom half of the stack was too wet (even if I stored them upside down!)
ALSO AVOID - Target brand - too dry & scratchy feeling

ShanaMama
12-05-2006, 11:56 PM
I love the new Pampers BabyDry Flex, because they combined the good features of BabyDry (absorbency) & Cruisers (stretchy tabs for perfect fit). I think DD has less diaper rashes with the BD than Cruisers.
I love love love Huggies wipes. They are much larger & thicker than any other brand- almost like using a small paper towel. And the dispensers are great; they are attached with a perforated line, so they actually pop up.

ETA: After reading some of the other posts I thought your readers might find this info helpful. Many ppl complain that the diapers leak. My solution was always to go up to the next size. I never follow the weight/ age guidelines from the diaper manufacturer. DD was always ready for the next size sooner than recommended.

denna
12-06-2006, 01:48 AM

By far Pampers (Swaddlers, Cruisers). They were the only diaper to fit as a newborn and they always stayed dry.

HOWEVER, did *NOT* like the Pampers Baby Dry(!). So stiff, little padding and did not help (leak wise).

Huggies(!) This is the only other brand we have tried, but they were horrible. The Newborn Huggies went up to DS's mid-back and they constantly leaked.

Online at Amazon.com grocery. I also buy locally (military base) and recieve coupons via the mail from pampers because I signed up on their website. I usually get a booklet of 2 coupons ($2 off) and a coupon for $0.75 off wipes.

7th Generation are by far my favorite. But for a cheaper choice I love Pampers Sensitive. The Pampers Sensitive feel so soft almost like a cloth, and they are not too wet or have too strong a scent.

Avoid: Huggies(!) too scented, not moist enough.

ETA: I have only used Pampers and Huggies diapers.

megs4413
12-06-2006, 12:17 PM
It's interesting to see that some top recs for one family are the worst in my book! it just goes to show you that you really should try everything to find what works best for you....

1. pampers swaddlers/cruisers. absolute best and they smell nice, too.
2. LUVS! the luvs leaked like CRAZY and gave DD a rash! the huggies didn't work for us either...something wrong with the fit. and the store brand gave DD a rash.
3. Best place to get diapers is online. amazon.com is good when they have their specials. IRL, I liked getting the swaddlers at Sam's Club and I get my cruisers at Target.
4. I use the big refill packs of Pampers wipes. I would use unscented as it cuts down on irritation in that region...you don't need scented baby wipes...they "become" scented after use, IYKWIM! i would avoid Huggies as they're rough! store brands are pretty comparable, but i like getting the pampers natural care refill packs (price difference just isn't that much) and using the gifts to grow points.

Karenn
12-06-2006, 04:28 PM
1. Favorite brand: Kirkland, followed by Huggies Supremes
2. Regular huggies leaked
4. Favorite wipes: kirkland or huggies

Bean606
12-06-2006, 04:47 PM
When DS was a newborn, we used Huggies - he kept leaking out of Pampers Swaddlers. Once he hit the 8 lb mark, we started using Costco's Kirkland Brand. We LOVE them, and they are much cheaper than the premium brands. We use the Kirkland wipes, too. IMO the wipes are better than any of the other brands. They are super-soft and unscented. I also like the way they are packaged. My friend gave me some of the BJs ones, and they felt like paper. I did not like them.

Canna
12-06-2006, 05:15 PM
>I've wondered about the Walgreens Supreme, Are they similar
>to huggies supreme?

I don't know - I haven't tried the Huggies Supreme myself! :)

I personally find them to be similar to Pampers Baby Dry (now that they have stretchy tabs) or Cruisers but without the scent. They have wide stretchy tabs. I'd say they're a slightly wider-shaped diapers than the Huggies regular.

DrSally
12-06-2006, 07:29 PM
Huggies supreme are the only size 4 that fit DS now and it's more than I'm used to spending. If these Kirklands are so good (and similar to huggies supreme), maybe I should get a costco membership. How much are they?

pittsburghgirl
12-06-2006, 07:39 PM
1. Favorite - Pampers Swaddlers/Cruisers. But too pricey.
Favorite reasonably priced: CVS Explorers (on BOGO), White Cloud, Target, my local store brand
2. Regular Huggies never fit DS that well. But we use Overnights at night. Didn't like the Kirkland brand (very lumpy).
3. Currently using either Target, White Cloud or store brand which are all comparable.
4. Kirkland wipes from Costco, hands down.

Marilee
mommy to James
http://b3.lilypie.com/CSwdm4.png

Kindra178
12-07-2006, 10:39 AM
1. Favorite - Kirkland. We loved size 3 and now love size 4. Swaddlers were great when he wore that size. Huggies are also fine, but Kirkland beats all hands down.

2. Hate the mesh in the Cruisers.

3. Kirkland, once again are best value all around.

4. Kirkland wipes are good and are packaged conviently, but they make ds' bottom red. So unfortunately, we are stuck with Pampers Sensitive, which we started with in the first place. CVS Sensitive are okay as well, but may cause a bit of diaper rash as well.

anamika
12-07-2006, 07:52 PM
We've loved the generics esp from Costco (Kirkland) and also White Cloud (Walmart).
Hated, absolutely hated Huggies - right from the beginning.
Switched to Pampers Swaddlers - were sort of satisfied.
Moved upto Pampers Baby-dry and didn't realize for the longest time that having to change clothes *every single time* your DD pooped in the diaper was not normal. These were supposed to be the best out there - we switched sizes and tried putting on the diaper different ways but nothing worked.
Switched to Kirkland and what a world of difference. Diapers which hold in massive poop - what a brilliant concept!
Wipes - we used Pampers or Huggies wipes without any problems but then switched to Kirkland and have been happy with the product and the savings.

spunkybaby
12-07-2006, 09:17 PM
1. We use Parents Choice diapers from Wal-Mart and Huggies Overnight.

2. We had leaks with Huggies when DD was a newborn.

3. I just go to Wal-Mart and use Huggies coupons for the Overnight diapers.

4. We buy diaper wipes at Costco--usually Huggies brand.

Mom to a spunky toddler
March 2004

...and another spunky baby due in Dec. 2006!

julieakc
12-08-2006, 02:09 AM
1. Favorite Brand

I've always primarily used cloth diapers for the day, but have used disposables at night....so Huggies Supremes were the diaper of choice...now that DS is older it's Huggies Overnight Pull-ups.

2. Diapers that didn't work

Didn't really try that many since I don't use them full time so no input here....personally not a fan of Pampers, but I think it's just a personal preference as opposed to any problems.

3. Best Deals

Again, since I'm a part time user, I just buy at Target...almost always with a coupon and hopefully a coupon AND on sale

4. Diaper Wipes

No one ever talks about these but Johnson & Johnson wipes are the best.....they are SOOOOO soft and almost like cloth. They're hard to find (I've only found them at TRU or BRU)....but I wish more people would try these because I think they'd be converts!

heidiann
12-08-2006, 08:41 AM
. What's your favorite brand of disposable diapers?
Hands down, Pampers cruiser, Pampers swaddlers at newborn stage. These are a little more expensive but would you want to sit around all day with something that felt like hard, stiff paper next to your skin just to say a few bucks? LOL.... didn't think so. I do use Huggies overnights and do not have a problem at all with them.

2. Any diapers that did NOT work for you? I tried the new huggies natural fit and they leaked like crazy. I have tried Luvs and although they didn't leak for us, they were to stiff and scratchy.

3. Where do you find the best deals on diapers? I find that with a coupon they are usually about the same everywhere. Sometimes you can find them at Target on an end cap on sale.

4. Diaper wipes---any favorites? Any ones to avoid? I use whatever brand is on sale at the time. I have never really found one to be superior over another.

Heidi
Mama to DD 10/05

rlu
12-08-2006, 01:24 PM
>For disposable diapers:
>
Newborn - pampers swaddlers
Infant/toddler - huggies (whichever they have at costco)

Infant/toddler the pampers leaked

Costco

Kirkland wipes don't sting. Even the huggies natural care wipes sting (I know, I had a papercut on my finger - ow!)

JTsMom
12-08-2006, 02:28 PM
1. Huggies Supreme, and for a while, Huggies Overnites
2. We tried every type of Pampers with no success. Luvs worked for us for a while, then started leaking constantly. DS is a tough fit I think. NOTHING worked for us at night until we discovered (through the board here) the Huggies Overnites AND generic brand disposable doublers. It had to be both, and the HO's had to be a size up from his normal size.
3. Believe it or not, Publix grocery stores. Because we have to be brand loyal, and b/c I haven't found a warehouse club that carries Supremes, I'm limited on where I can shop. Publix carries the biggest size box, which is usually the best value, and they go on sale every couple of weeks. I try to always have a coupon- Publix baby club is good for those, or ebay. Publix also participates in Upromise, so I get a little back that way as well.
4. Pampers Sensitive, but I haven't really tried many types. I've always liked them. Recently I tried Target brand ones, and they were AWFUL. They weren't very moist at all.

Bean606
12-11-2006, 05:43 PM
A costco membership is about $40 a year. If you spend a lot, you might want to get an executive membership, where you get 2% back on purchases -- that costs more. I haven't bought the diapers in a while (my DH is home on paternity leave and does the Costco runs right now), but I believe they cost about $30 for 248 diapers (but that is size 1-2). The larger sizes have fewer diapers in the box. I believe you can go to Costco and get a guest pass for the first trip, so you can check it out for yourself before you decide to join. I think they sell Huggies there, too, so you can comparison shop.

wolverine2
12-12-2006, 12:25 PM
Pampers Baby Dry. Used to use Swaddlers/Cruisers but hated the design change and the mesh insert they have now. CVS was the best of the cheaper brands we tried, but we much prefer the Pampers.

Huggies leaked at one point, but we used them early on no problem. I think the leaking is more about the fit with the particular baby, rather than the brand of diaper. (For example, I see others have problems with Baby Dry leaking, and we've never had any problems).

Try to buy them on sale (usually Target) + a coupon. Sometimes Target has web coupons you can combine with a manufacturer coupon. Good to sign up for coupons on Pampers website.

We've always used Huggies Natural Care- hate all the others... too slimy.

wencit
12-13-2006, 02:04 PM

Pampers Swaddlers/Cruisers.

Huggies (not Supreme) leaked in the early days, and we haven't tried anything but Pampers since. To me, the Huggies also felt scratchy and papery.

BRU, Target, or Walmart. I wish Costco would carry more than just Huggies and Kirkland.

Am I the only one who tried the Lansinoh brand? I experimented with the freebie packet that came with my disposable nursing pads, and I loooove the Lansinoh wipes. Super soft and cloth-like. However, they're more expensive than the Kirkland wipes, so I stick with the cheaper ones.

Tondi G
12-14-2006, 02:18 PM
1. What's your favorite brand of disposable diapers? We started out with swaddlers (loved them) then on to cruisers (which were fine until they added the mesh liner than gave my son a rash)... then on to Huggies Supreme... then we found Kirkland diapers at Costco that are essentially the older style of Huggies Supreme and they are FABULOUS!
2. Any diapers that did NOT work for you? Pamper Baby Dry weren't great. We won't use Pampers Cruisers now because of that rediculous mesh liner than gives our DS a rash!!! Bummer cause otherwise we liked Cruisers!

3. Where do you find the best deals on diapers? Costco

4. Diaper wipes---any favorites? Any ones to avoid? We have used the Huggies Natural Care wipes since our first child! Love them!

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01 and Aidan 5/4/05

feierabend35
12-14-2006, 03:21 PM
For disposable diapers:

Any diapers that did NOT work for you?
For a newborn we loved Pampers Swaddlers. The Huggies Supreme were HORRID and leaked everywhere. We loved the Swaddlers so much we returned everything else we had bought or gotten as gifts and used those exclusively.
Once he grew out of those, we found it didn't matter too much, and we use Luvs now because of the price and like the fit. We tried White Cloud but didn't like them- bunchy and thin.

On sale at Target or at Walmart. I always buy the biggest box they have and use coupons whenever I have them.

We loved Pampers Sensitive when DS was born, and we still use them today. We like very moist wipes, though!

tchrmom13
12-14-2006, 11:35 PM
>
>
For newborns Pampers Swadler hands down
Older babies - we used Pampers swaddlers until our DS was in a size 3
Now - he's in a 4 and we use White Cloud (walmart). White cloud has
worked really well through 3 and 4 for us.
However, at night we use Huggies overnights - my little guy is a "urinator" big time

Luvs - yuck, yuck, yuck, they leak everything... and feel super cheap too.

White Cloud - walmart
Pampers - Sams Club with coupons
We buy our wipes at Sams Club too - 600 wipes for 14 bucks!!

Newborns - Pampers Sensitive
Infants - Huggies Natural Care
> Avoid - Walm-mart brand wipes - they are dry on the top of the stack and super wet on the bottom of the stack

>

Clarity
12-15-2006, 10:03 PM
1. Pampers - swaddlers and cruisers
2. Huggies - leaked all the time
3. I usually buy them at Babies-R-Us or Target, with coupons.
4. I like the thickness of Huggies. Pampers are fine, but Johnson and Johnson wipes are much too dry.

kaycee14
12-16-2006, 12:03 AM
I like the regular Huggies. My DD is very active so I like the stretchy waistband. However, when DD is a little bigger I'll be trying the Costco diapers since they are less expensive.

- ADDED 1-9-07 -----------
Just tried the Costco diapers and don't like them. They feel really "squishy" when wet and seem to hang lower than the Huggies... nearly to Kira's knees! I took the box back to Costco and got a box of Huggies instead.
---------------------------

I did NOT like Pampers or Luvs - both were scented. I'm sensitive to perfumes and want to expose my DD to as few as possible. Also, I did not like the feel of the White Cloud diapers - too thin and papery.

I get my diapers at Costco. I buy other household stuff there (including the Kirkland Formula) so the membership is worth it.

I really like the Costco baby wipes. I was using the sensitive skin Huggies but when my DD had a bad diaper rash, the Huggies wipes stung her little bottom and the Costco wipes didn't.

Kathy
Mommy to a wonderful baby girl
http://b1.lilypie.com/IX8zm7.png

elaineandmichaelsmommy
12-19-2006, 12:48 AM
1.regular huggies,used supreme when ds was newborn.
2.pampers-leaked w/ dd so we never used them on our son.
3.huggies wipes, always, we love the pop up feature.
4 diapers and wipes in bulk at sams. one stop shop.

Jen

hellbennt
12-20-2006, 08:37 AM
Pampers swaddlers (Newborn & 1) & then
I tried Pampers baby fit (is it baby dry?) for size 2 & liked that they were wide! Then I tried Huggies baby fit (?) (size 2 also) & liked that they were taller & therefore contained those 'blow-outs' that go up the back of the diaper...I think that Huggies run smaller than Pampers, so if you're going to go b/t the 2 brands, then start a size w/ Huggies & then buy that same size in Pampers.
I haven't tried Walmart brand but do like Walgreen brand (wonder if they're the same?)

Huggies Ultra Supreme

I try & use coupons.
Our Costco only carries Huggies brand (I would love to buy Kirkland after reading about it but I've never seen it),so I use Huggies for bigger/toddler diapers.
Walgreen Brand is a god buy.

I love Kirkland. Just buy a big box. Target unscented are also good.

~laura
Jonah 7/03 & Ari 7/06

westgre
12-23-2006, 08:05 AM
Huggies (not supreme),Playskool Rompers, CVS brand Supremes with Snoopy character print. The Playskool diapers are fairly new, I get them at CVS. They are similar to White Cloud in that they have the elastic across the top of the front of the diaper, but they also have it in the back, and stretchy tabs.
We can't use Pampers or Luvs -- the perfume causes major diaper rash on both my kids.
Sometimes CVS has buy one get one free deals on their brand of diaper. Otherwise, usually buying a box of Huggies at WalMart, using a coupon is my best deal.
We love Huggies Fragrance Free Natural Care wipes. Again, we can't use any wipes with scent in them -- they cause diaper rash on both my kids. I did really like the Pampers sensitive I got as a gift, but they're way too expensive to buy myself. Generic wipes don't really work well for me. I like to tear my wipes in half to use them and tearing generics is always hard.

shilo
12-24-2006, 12:43 AM
1. short answer: pampers swaddlers N, 1 and 2. huggies supremes size 3 and huggies regular giglastic size 4. long answer: initially, we tried several brands (both kinds of pampers, both kinds of huggies, luvs and the generic target brand) and found that the pampers swaddlers worked the best for us for sizes N, 1 and 2, with the huggies supremes being a close second, especially when pampers switched to the swaddlers with the yellow tabs. the one's with the yellow tabs leaked (thru the material of the dipe itself, not out the sides for my DS) and had stronger perfume, so i wish they would have stuck with the model we were using for most of the first 6 mos we were using them. about this same time, my ds was ready to move up to size 3's and we tried cruisers, and apparently they had just re-tooled these as well from what i read here and other places. not only did they leak for him, but i hated the mesh (smeared poop everywhere) and loathed the unbearably strong perfume (to my sense of smell). so i tried the huggies supremes and regular again and was happier with the supremes. we continued with the supremes until we moved up to size 4, when i ended up with a package of the newly redesigned regular huggies. they worked just as well for us, even most overnights, so we've been with those ever since.

2. not happy with the redesigned swaddlers and especially the redesigned cruisers. didn't like baby dry at all, luvs and the target generic were too stiff and papery and left his butt red.

3. my local safeway has the best deal when they put them on club card purchase. i save up my coupons and use them at the same time and get them down into the per-dipe range of costco without having to spend on the membership. the amazon deal is a close second when i remember to hit it just right.

4. i liked the pampers sensative for the first six mos, and then switched to the huggies natural care (green package) after that. i don't mind the target sensative but don't like the regular target ones (too scratchy - leave him red). in general, i prefer the 'pop up' type to the continuous sheet type in terms of dispenser style.

all in all, i think what matters most in terms of the 'best' diaper and wipes is just what fits/ works with your individual kids body the best. one's not necessarily better than any other, and what leaks for one is just what another needs. i personally am pretty sensative to heavy perfumes, so even if the fit was right for DS on the cruisers, i would still have searched something else out just b/c of the smell.

lori
Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.

amw
12-24-2006, 09:21 AM
Huggies regular or supreme
Luv's - I didn't like that the tabs were not stretchy and the fit didn't seem right
Wal Mart White Cloud - leaked for us
I shop at Target. I usually stock up when they are on sale and I use coupons
I love the Huggies sensitive skin wipes. They have a neutral smell unlike some of the other overly scented wipes. They are thick enough to get the job done.

Clarity
12-27-2006, 01:56 PM
delete - repost!

TracyBee
12-27-2006, 02:13 PM

Sam's Club "Member's Mark" brand
Albertson's "Baby Basics" brand

Wal-Mart White Cloud - leaked all over the place.

Sam's Club

Favorite wipes are Pampers or Target's generic Pampers. Avoid Sam's Club Member's Mark - rough and stinky!

AddiesMom
12-28-2006, 06:22 AM
1- Fav brand: Swaddlers and Cruisers. When DD was 'in-between' a newborn size and size 1 (needed length, not width) we used BRU/TRU's Especially for Baby Supreme-sz 1 as they run a little more narrow than Swaddlers 1. It was a great 'in-between' size for a long and thin infant. If you go to BRU they have free samples to try in the Mother's Room, that's how I tried them! Once DD was sleeping 12 hours and wearing a size 4 Cruiser, we use Huggies Overnight which are a P.I.T.A. to find.

2- Did not work: Pampers Baby Dry. I heard they improved them a few months ago with the Catepillar Flex, but I am still tramuatized by the old ones. I tried a free sample I got in the mail and put DD in her Deluxe Jumparoo. That evening we had to shampoo the carpet and use every type of stain remover known to man.

3- Best Deals: BJ's for Cruisers. Sometimes they do a larger version of the box (174 vs 140) that for $2 more you get 34 more Cruisers so always check the end-caps of the asiles! Also, sshhhhhhh.... if you buy diapers in smaller packs at Walgreen's, Target, etc... you can use Easy-Up's coupons on Swaddlers and Cruisers and vice-versa. So cut out all the coupons from the Sunday paper so you can use a coupon on each pack! On diapers hard to find like Huggies Overnights, if they go on sale and they are sold out get a Rain Check! I just had a rain check for 4 packs, happened to get a four $1.50 off coupons meanwhile and got them when they were back in stock (full price $9) for $6 each!

Pampers coupons typically run the P&G Brand-Saver insert the 1st Sunday of each month. Plus, sign up on all the websites to get free samples. At BJ's once you start buying baby products they will occasionally send coupons in the mail. Also check the table at the entrance of BJ's for more coupons, sometimes they have a $3 off Pampers coupon (again, you can use Swaddlers on Cruisers and vice versa!)

4-Diaper wipes: I used at first Pampers Sensitive but they are not very wet, so I switched to Pampers Unscented Aloe. Tried Huggies but they are almost too thick. This is bizarre, we like the Huggies box better, so have all Huggies boxes in our house and re-fill them with Pampers wipes. When the box gets low it is hard to get a wipe out of a Pampers box, but the huggies box has a flexible opening that it is easier to the wipe out.

HallsofVA
12-30-2006, 04:26 PM
>Hi folks! We are updating our BABY BARGAINS book and wanted
>your feedback on disposable diapers (don't worry---we will do
>a cloth diaper poll shortly).
>
>For disposable diapers:
>

Pampers Swaddlers or Cruisers. We used Huggies Supremes with our son a few years ago, but switched to Pampers after size 3 or 4 and are using just Pampers this time around.

The low end Huggies and Pampers, and Luvs. I don't like that they don't stretch at the waist to allow a tight fit. I also didn't like the Costco diapers that are like the Huggies Supremes. Just weren't as nice.

Used to buy at Costco when they carried Pampers but now buy at Target or BJ's. Occasionally Target will carry large boxes (like after Christmas when they have extra shelf space.) Amazon.com had a great deal in September where if you spent $99 or more in the grocery section (which equated to 3 boxes of diapers for me) you received a $30 coupon two months later. The diaper boxes were great for the price (which included shipping) and I used the coupon to buy a stroller for "free". Some folks have said that they repeate this deal from time to time. I plan to do it again if it comes up.

Love the Costco Kirkland wipes and have used them exclusively for about the past 3 years. Have also used Target wipes on occasion as backups when travelling. Don't like the Huggie newborn wipes. They are too thick to be useful.
>
>Feel free to name names, brands, stores, web sites, etc.!
>
>Thanks in advance!
>
>Alan & Denise Fields
>authors, BABY BARGAINS

quinnsmom
12-31-2006, 06:37 PM

Especially for Baby Deluxe (BRU), CVS Explorers, and Publix diapers

Luvs, Walmart/White Cloud, Target brand diapers

1800Diapers.com, Babies R Us, BJs, and Costco

Papmpers Sensitive Skin wipe, Target brand works well too

eliasmom
01-01-2007, 09:39 PM
Favorite Dipes: Luvs. They're cheap and they seem to run a bit narrower than Pampers (Swaddlers or Baby Dry). We have had no blowouts/leaks since we switched at about 2 months.

I order in bulk from Amazon if DD will be in the size for awhile. Otherwise, I go to my local Target. Occasionally Dominick's (grocery store) has better prices, but not always.

Wipes: we love Pampers Sensitive/Aloe (and can't tell the difference between the two). We started with Huggie's wipes and recently used them again at MILs over the holidays and we had to use many more wipes to get DD clean after a good post-solid food poop.

Sari
DD 6.5 mos

alexsmommy
01-05-2007, 08:53 PM
1. Pampers Swaddlers/Cruisers - we used to watch for sales at our local drugstores as they are $$$$$
2. Pampers Baby Dry - though we've heard they've changed so maybe they're better now. We were shocked at how bad they were since we loved the Cruisers. We tried some other brands, but all I remember is both DH and my parents (babysitters) and I all preferred the Swaddlers/Cruisers so we ultimately just stuck with these.
3. Walgreens, CVS - have to catch sales. Babies R Us and Toys R us can also have good deals if you catch them.
4. We used the Pampers natural line until DS was about 2 then we switched to Kirkland since he didn't seem to be as sensitive then. Love the Kirkland for dipe changes and to keep in the car for wiping hands etc.
Alaina
Alex Feb '03
and #2 in Spring '07

rbsmom
01-05-2007, 11:56 PM
1. Hands down Pampers Swaddlers/Cruisers, Huggies Overnites (although they smell horrible in the morning)
2. Huggies brand - find they run small, leak, smell bad & are very clumpy (Pampers are more gel-like)
3. Amazon.com during their $30 gift cert promo; Sams club; Toys R Us during sale (plus coupon); Harris Teeter sometimes has GREAT prices on mega packs ($9).
4. I like Pampers wipes. They are thinner than Huggies & I like the scents. The best place I've found to buy these are Big Lots (I've found 400+ count boxes for under $8; and 800+ count boxes for $15).

Bens Momma
01-06-2007, 11:27 PM
I should start by saying that both DS had sensitive skin and boughts of diaper rash from day one so my choices reflect what I found worked best and caused the least irritation to their sensitive skin:

What's your favorite brand of disposable diapers?
NB-Size 1 or 2
*Pampers Swaddlers: pricey but were super soft, good
fit & absorbant. My choice for this stage hands down!

Size 2 & Up
*BJ's store brand: Best all around for price and quality, and the
only ones that didn't cause rashes on my son's bum. It took
many trips to the Dr and trying about 6 brands of diapers to
figure this out. Many brands dried his skin out too much,
especially regular Huggies!

*Pampers Cruisers: $$$pricey, second choice to above. Soft, great
absorbancy & fit especially once they start moving more.

Any diapers that did NOT work for you?
*Huggies regular: leaked!! Dried my little one's skin out
too much causing rashes, irritation, etc.

*Pampers Baby Dry: felt like cardboard and tabs were rough and
rigid! Felt like they might cause a paper cut!

Where do you find the best deals on diapers?
*BJs bulk box with coupon for their brand or others

*Occasionally coupon at BRU or Walmart sale + coupon

Diaper wipes---any favorites? Any ones to avoid?
*Pampers Sensitive Unsented: only ones to work well
consitently w/o irritating DS skin. They are not as thick
as Huggies Natural Care (my 2nd choice) but they get into the
cracks and crevices better :-) Drawback is that they are more
expensive than most but you can often find a coupon. Buy in
bulk at BJs.

*Huggies Natural Care Unsented: thick and big, not as moist as
others but do the job. They are rougher so I wouldn't
recommend using until after the first 3 months or so if your
little one is sensitive.

*Kandoo Wipes work great while potty training!!

Best Wishes with the new book!
Ben & Will's Momma

casey0729
01-07-2007, 10:06 PM
1. Diapers - we've switched to Kirkland diapers and really like them over the others at this size (4).

2. When DS was born we found all nb diapers leaked. Before size 4 we mostly used Huggies Supreme and regular on DS because Pampers never quite fit him right. I never tried other brands.

3. Target is good when they put their cases on sale. I like the price at Costco for their house brand.

4. I make my own wipes using a kit I got from DH's friend before DS was born. I only use disposable wipes when we're travelling for longer than 3 days and I don't want to bring the container. I really like the Lansinoh wipes. Super soft and don't smell.

KC

http://b2.lilypie.com/AWLtm5.png

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev197prs__.png

Kendra
01-14-2007, 08:33 PM
1. For size NB and 1, we used Huggies. For size 2, we used Pampers Baby Dry (not Swaddlers). Why is it that so many brands are marketed as 1-2s in large boxes when they're really just 1s inside?? Size 2 was a more expensive size for that reason - no big boxes. For size 3 we've been using BJ's Club brand, and just started size 4 in them as well.
2. Wal-Mart (both brands, but Parent's Choice was better than the other one the name of which I can't remember). Grocery store brands weren't good for containing blowouts.
3. BJ's Warehouse Club
4. Wal-Mart Parent's Choice (unscented) have been very good, but don't pop up if that matters to people. They're thicker than some and relatively inexpensive.

jacksmomtobe
01-16-2007, 10:10 PM
1. Favorite brand - Pampers Swaddlers then Cruisers
2. Did not like Pamper Baby Dry. Seemed more chemically (new word).
3. Best deals are of course buying in bulk but besides that Target seems to have the best overall prices. Have found good sales at Walgreens and the Supermarket too though.
4. Pampers Sensitive and the Lansinoh wipes for bf babies. Did not like the wipes at Whole Foods. Surprisingly DS got a nasty diaper rash after using those.

scoobysnackz
01-21-2007, 08:49 PM
Our taste has changed as Aaron has grown. What worked for him when he was smaller (pampers swaddlers and then cruisers), no longer works. I think that every diaper fits all children differently and what works for one will not work for another. Nevertheless:

1. Currently Luvs for daytime and HUGGIES OVERNITES for nightime (they are the only ones that you can leave on more than 5 hours without leaks and those annoying diaper crystals pouring out all over and making a HUGE mess.

2. Regular Huggies never worked for us. Pampers Cruisers no longer works for us.

3. Target (with coupon) or SAMS. Unfortunately I have to buy the HUGGIES OVERNITES at the grocery store (on sale and with coupons) as no one else seems to carry them!

4. HUGGIES Natural Care Unscented -- My son has really sensitive skin and the unscented works well for us. Plus they feel clothlike and are moist. -- Buy them at SAMS -- you will save a fortune!! I can get a box with 3 refill packs for the price of 2 refills anywhere else including Target!

Absolutely HATED the Pampers Wipes! Not sure what the Pampers people were smoking when they created those :) Also disappointed with Luvs wipes in which over half the package had dried out BEFORE I opened it! Not pleased with generic wipes either. Too thin and paper like.

cammievb
01-22-2007, 04:35 PM
Fave Brand:
We've used Huggies, Pampers and the Babies R Us brand.

Huggies are so-so -- we get leaks at night.

Pampers but ONLY the Swaddlers.

Haven't one problem with the Babies R us brand at all.

Best Deal:
Sign up for the Babies R Us mailing list. Use their $5 off or 15% off coupons in conjunction with manufacturer coupons to get GREAT deals on teh name brands (like $7 off per package). That said, the store brand is still cheaper with the 15% off.

ronsturgill
01-22-2007, 04:47 PM
Pampers is the #1 diaper for our Hannah.
Huggies did not fit well and would leak.
Publix seems to have deals when you can catch them on sale but Super WalMart is a good all around location to purchase them.
Lansinoh wipes are the top wipes we have used. They are both thick and damp enough to get the job done. Target and drugstore.com are good places to find this product.

maestramommy
01-22-2007, 04:50 PM
We have used different brands at different times because DD's shaped kept changing. For the first 5 months, Target brand was the best, then we went to cloth service for 4 months, then Pampers Cruisers, then Kirkland, and that is what we are currently using.

Luvs didn't work well for us, the tabs were cheapy.

Generally we get our dipes at Target with the coupon, but now we are obviously at Costco.

For wipes, we've generally stuck with the Kirkland, although I get the Target knockoffs of pampers (scentfree) to put in my traveling wipe dispenser. The Kirkland is just too bulky for the diaper bag.

becca13
01-22-2007, 04:52 PM
Favorite brand are Pampers Swaddlers and now Cruisers, though I still dislike the mesh liner in the cruisers (unless DD has diarrhea (sp?)) If the Cruisers had elastic at the back like the Huggies Supremes it would be great. DD has plumber's butt a lot these days. From a dryness standpoint, I thought luvs were OK too, before DD could move much, but non-stretchy tabs just don't seem comfortable. We use Huggies overnites at night because DD kept waking up wet in Cruisers.

Huggies Supremes did not work for DD as an infant but are OK now (no leaks) though a bit short in the rise. I like the elastic at the back. Also seem a bit narrow in the crotch on DD. The re-deisgned Pampers Baby dry are OK but are short in the rise and generally do not fit as well.

I usually buy dipes at Target or Babies r Us (especially if I have a store coupon.) BJ's is also competitive where I live. Sam's Club is not.

The only wipes we use are Pampers sensitive. All other wipes seem to wipe roughly and the thicker Huggies wipes don't get into the *crevices* the way the thinner Pampers wipes do. I find the scent in all scented wipes to be overpowering.

JenDC
01-28-2007, 01:00 AM
1. Huggies- the cheaper ones
2. Pampers or any brand without eleastic at the back. Our skinny baby needs elastic to keep the diaper on.
3. Costco. WHile the sale price at other stores sometimes matches the Costco price, I'm not willing to run around that much.
4. The Costco Kirkland wipes are better and cheaper than the brand name ones I've tried.

Jen
mom to Shoshana 3.29.06