PDA

View Full Version : DIY Insert: Hemp Fleece/French Terry?

mypa
12-04-2006, 04:20 PM
I have a L Joey Bunz and would like to make pocket inserts equivalent in absorbancy and trimness using hemp fleece and/or french terry but since I've never seen these material IRL I don't know how many layers and combo of fabric would work. My mom's serger is also not the best and can't handle too many layers.

1. 2-layer hemp fleece
2. 3-layer hemp french terry
3. 2-layer hemp fleece + 1 french terry
4. 1-layer hemp fleece + 2 french terry

Which one? Any other suggestions?

BTW, these would be used in conjunction with one microfiber insert for added absorbancy yet still be trim for my heavy wetter.

Thanks!

lizajane
12-04-2006, 07:27 PM
i think you will really need 3 layers.

and use size 90 needles. anything smaller will break with all those layers. i use 90 stretch needles.

really, as for the fabrics, 6 of one, 1/2 dozen of the other.

i think fleece is a little easier to sew.

do you want a scrap of each fabric so you can see which you prefer? happy to send you a swatch of each for cost of shipping. email me.

mypa
12-04-2006, 11:13 PM
I was hoping you were going to respond :)

Just sent you an email!

mypa
12-12-2006, 04:20 PM
Liza,

You totally rock! Thank you so much so sending more than a "swatch" of fabric. Not only can I touch/feel them but I can actually test them out IRL. It brought a smile to my face as we are currently battling the stomach flu.

You are too kind!

lizajane
12-12-2006, 08:49 PM
oh yay! i just clicked here to tell you that i mailed them (i have no idea WHEN i mailed them, my brain is fried with all my holiday clothing/embroidery orders). so i am very excited they arrived. i found those pieces all cut and ready in a stack of junk and got very excited that they were so perfect to send!