PDA

View Full Version : Will I want to stick with Fitteds and Covers? Or switch to Fuzzibunz?

etwahl
12-06-2006, 08:32 PM
My DS is six months old and getting bigger. We need to move up to a size large in diapers now (though I've yet to buy any). I'm wondering if I'll want to stick with Fitteds and Covers (currently use hemp or organic velour fitteds and fleece covers) or start using Fuzzibunz?

Lots of people I know do fuzzibunz. Since we'll be starting him on a little solids soon, I know our diaper needs will be slightly different.

Help! I need to decide soon.

Tammy,
mom to Lauren (March 2003)

MommyAllison
12-06-2006, 10:43 PM
We are still waiting for Fuzzibunz to fit correctly. :( So I'd stick with fitteds and covers. Every baby is shaped differently though, so it really depends on your DS. What I like with fitteds is that even if she's growing and the diaper fits a little weird, the cover is there to protect. We've never ever had a poo leak with a fitted dipe and cover. I can't say the same about FB. DD's poop still isn't very solid at 13 months (probably cause she still BFs often?) so I don't know if you can count on your DS's diapering needs changing too quickly.

Could you buy some of both?

Allison
Mama to DD 11/05

squimp
12-07-2006, 12:19 AM
We started on FBs at about that age. They were perfect for us, but DD was a little chunky monkey, so we never really had trouble with the fit.

wagner36
12-10-2006, 07:46 PM
We use FBs at night (with a joeybunz and microfiber insert, or one of LizaJane's night inserts - love those), and then fitteds and covers during the day. I've collected a few AIOs and am trying those, but have been pretty disappointed so far.

I just started with wool a few months ago, and I am LOVING our wool covers and longies so far! I am getting some more longies soon.

ETA: I don't really like poop in the FBs - it kind of freaks me out when it soaks onto the inserts. She's on solids, but still primarily just BM. Although tonight she ate about 100 green beans, so I can't imagine she'll want to nurse again tonight!

SeekerMage
12-11-2006, 12:19 AM
I would do a little of both. We have a huge variety of diapers around here and we always reach for the fbs first. Though in the summer I did a lot of fitteds with wool covers. I guess it all goes with your preference. You might find that you like the pockets for trimness and ease of use, or you might be so used to the fitteds that its no a big deal. I find especially once they get into the wiggly on the move stage as little of work as possible is a big thing. I can get a fb snappes in seconds, but a fitted and cover takes a big longer. Experiment, they have a good resale value among onther things :)

Joolsplus2
12-11-2006, 11:52 AM
<nods in agreement>.. we always reach for FB's first...except when Leah's super wiggly, then we go straight for the Happy Heiny's (aplix is so quick!)

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

candybomiller
12-12-2006, 10:50 AM
No advice, but wanted to say hi!!!!! How are things going?? I've missed you, guess we're just not hitting the same forums.

(((((hugs)))))

etwahl
12-16-2006, 09:30 PM
Hi! It's been busy. Having two is a huge difference. Definitely good and bad days, eeks!

Tammy,
mom to Lauren (March 2003)