PDA

View Full Version : should i trade my pockets for fitteds to get back into CDs?

lizajane
05-06-2007, 07:41 PM
and to really get this PTing going?? poor dylan has been in sposies for a few months because DH fell off the wagon and it just got too hard to deal with 2-4 dipes/day. (because i couldn't get a full wash load when DH would use a sposie or two and i used a CD or two... anyway... enough of my woes...)

so i want to get him back into cloth. i am sick of spending money on inevitable trash. but i wonder if my fleece lined pockets won't help me with the PTing i am too lazy to accomplish? i think i need to go to something that will be SOGGY so that he will NOT want to wear dipes. he is SO CLOSE. i am just SO LAZY! lol!

Momof3Labs
05-06-2007, 07:44 PM
When DS1 was at that point, I decided to use the pockets as covers and put the prefolds (wet, soggy - ew!!) next to his skin. I had to buy some prefolds to do that, but it was a much cheaper option than buying a whole stash of fitteds and covers!! And I doubt that you have to buy prefolds, lol!

o_mom
05-06-2007, 08:09 PM
How about just laying a doubler or something inside the pocket?

MarisaSF
05-06-2007, 09:48 PM
Another idea: put underwear on first and then a diaper on top... maybe just a cover or a pocket with no liner.

lizajane
05-06-2007, 10:28 PM
freakin' GENIUS!

i have some hanna training pants that he can wear under a pocket. and some too big gerbers that i can poke inside the pocket around the edges. (couldn't figure out how to use the hand me down gerbers that were way to big, but that answers that question!)

i have two trickle free trainers on the way that will be great for going out. and at home, i can put an infant prefold inside a pocket when i run out of training pants or for naps.

yay!!!

thanks for the SUPER ideas, gals!