PDA

View Full Version : perfect gift for sept-due twin girls?

lizajane
05-06-2007, 10:35 PM
my all-natural friend ;) is having twin girls this late summer/early fall. she has her son's dipes, but with two on the way, i already offered to loan her all my dipes so she will have a great stash. but in addition to loaning her my prefolds/covers, few pockets, snappis, homemade NB doublers, handing down my wipes (and maybe making some more), i want to give you something that is actually FUN!!! not just a hand me down or loaner!!!

i wondered if i should give her some fitteds or make her some of my own fitteds or if that would just confuse things? i mean, with two babies and a 5 year old, would she want to deal with different kinds of dipes when she was perfectly happy with prefolds and FBs for outings with her first?

i don't want to be an enabler- leading her to buy expensive stuff she doesn't need! and i don't want to send anything that isnt' GREAT, knowing she will have so much STUFF with three kids in the house.

what do you think? what would you be SO excited to have??? i don't have tons of $$, but she gave me a really nice gift when schuyler as born and i would love to return that generosity now.

mudder17
05-07-2007, 06:14 AM
How about a nice wool cover? I know you want to be careful with newborns and wool (we started wool with Mika when her poop started to slow down), but you can get some awfully cute wool covers. It would be fun too. You could also get a couple of neutralish wool covers (like the interlock wool wraps at Angeldrydiapers) and embroider something fun on them--their names? The Angeldry wraps are not too expensive (under $20) and they have trim in a particular color and then you could add the embroidery on your own (I don't remember if your machine does general embroidery or if you can only do letters?).

Eileen

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amethyst_36m.gif

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/6wrn/5.png

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/6wrn/2.png

MommyAllison
05-07-2007, 05:59 PM
I agree with Eileen that wool is a great gift. :) Now that I am a knitter, I have been knitting longies up for CDing friends' newborns, and they are always a hit! They are fast and easy, since they're so tiny. Maybe a bit too expensive if you don't knit though, since there are two little babes. I would love to get tiny newborn/small fitteds too - you can't go wrong! NB fluff is fun to give - they outgrow it so quickly that its a splurge to buy lots for yourself - which makes it the perfect gift, IMO.

Allison
Mama to DD 11/05

psophia17
05-07-2007, 08:44 PM
Ummm...I have some plans to stock small woolies in sets of 2...LMK if you want to hear more...

lizajane
05-07-2007, 10:25 PM
email me please!!!!!!

psophia17
05-07-2007, 10:54 PM
I think I did...or maybe I PMed you? I forget...

luvsviola
05-11-2007, 01:52 PM
I loved my BG fitteds with my newborn. They were so much better than the KL0s because they have velcro for those middle of the night changes.