PDA

View Full Version : DD leaking out of diapers

choi07
05-13-2007, 02:35 PM
She is little (about 10 lbs, 22 in)but my 4 1/2 month old is already having leaks out the legs of size 1/2 swaddlers and size 1 regular huggies. They still fit well but should I size up? Size 2's just seem awfully big.

Amy

elephantmeg
05-13-2007, 03:15 PM
I would try it and see! It always worked well for me!

Momof3Labs
05-13-2007, 08:40 PM
Are the diapers saturated when she leaks? Then she may need more absorbency, which usually comes from a larger diaper size. But IME, leg leaks mean that the dipes are a little too big. Have you tried size 1 swaddlers (which are a little smaller than size 1/2 swaddlers)?

choi07
05-13-2007, 10:10 PM
I did use size 1 swaddlers-maybe I put her in 1/2's too soon. I could try a few more of the size 1's and if they don't work try my size 2's. Thank you!

Amy

Momof3Labs
05-14-2007, 09:07 AM
Size 1/2 swaddlers don't work for a lot of babies. They are the width of size 2 swaddlers but the rise (height) of size 1 swaddlers - really made for short, plump babies, which yours is not.

eliasmom
05-18-2007, 02:16 PM
If she is narrow through the hips, you might try Luvs. We used swaddlers NB and 1 and then switched to Luvs for leg leaks. They seemed to fit DD better. The only thing I really dislike about Luvs is that they don't have stretchy tabs like Pampers so you sometimes have to size up.

rbsmom
05-20-2007, 11:06 PM
Although I had a gigunda baby (she's 3 months & I just moved her to size 3's!!!), I agree that the 1/2's didn't really work for her very well. I'd move her to size 2.

You can tell if the diaper is just above the butt crack - it's too short - she needs a larger diaper. Also make sure after you put it on that the material between the legs isn't caught under the elastic (hard to explain what I'm trying to say, but that could also cause leaks).

I tried Huggies for the first time on this DD (#2), and she leaked every time, so I stopped pretty quickly. I've found Huggies (I use the overnights on my older DD) run smaller than Pampers.

choi07
05-22-2007, 02:43 PM
I appreciate you folks' feedback. I suppose I got spoiled by the size 1 swaddlers while Sarah could wear them: they rarely leaked! Ultimately I've put DD in size 2 diapers. The swaddlers work okay, but even they can get saturated--the first diaper I change in the morning (after a 5-6 hour stretch) usually leaks. We just took a weekend trip, I took Luvs size 2's and they worked well for us! Thank You!

Amy