PDA

View Full Version : girl vs. boy training pants

newtnewt
05-21-2007, 03:59 PM
Is there any difference between girl and boy training pants besides the color? i want to buy some disposable training pants for DD, but the store only had them for boys. thanks.

julieakc
05-25-2007, 12:22 AM
I might be wrong, but I think that they place the absorbancy stuff strategically for girls (middle crotch area) vs. boys (up front)...might be that some brands do this and others don't, and I doubt it makes a huge difference.

kusiakje
05-25-2007, 01:31 AM
I ran in and out of the store one day to buy Easy Ups for DD and didn't realize until we got home that I had the boy version. I decided to use them anyway, because I'm horrible about remembering to return things.

Anyway, it seemed to me like the boy version was a bit narrower through the crotch, or if that wasn't the issue, then the elastic made it ride up differently in between the legs. Generally, we still didn't have any leaks with the boy diapers. We just had to make an extra effort to remember to check to see if they were filling up because they didn't hold up as well during extended naps, etc. So we probably wound up using them a little more quickly than the girls' version.

All in all, you could probably get away with the boys' pants, if that's really all you can find, but I think it'll be more costly in the long run. I'm sure if you wait a week or two, they'll get the girls' pants in.

HTH,
--Jessica
Mom to Katarina (DOB 9/16/05)

newtnewt
05-25-2007, 10:34 AM
Thanks very much for your replies! I'll wait and get the girl version then.