PDA

View Full Version : Cruisers size 5 don't work! Other brand recs?

pastrygirl
05-25-2007, 05:19 PM
I feel like my son is 3 months old again. He started pooping out of size 4s, so I went up to size 5s, and every single poop leaks out the legs! Way back when, Swaddlers/Cruisers were the only ones that didn't leak. It was great to finally find a brand that worked! He wore size 4 without a leak since October.

Did you have trouble with size 5 Cruisers? What brand(s) worked for you?

Cristina
mom to Toby, 6/10/06

Radosti
05-29-2007, 03:15 PM
It's a weird system, but it works. When my DS grew out of Size 4 Pampers, we tried size 5 and they were too big. Huggies Supreme Size 5 were perfect (they are smaller), then they both fit, and now only the cruisers size 5 fit. I will not be buying anymore size 5's. But I am all set when we finish these cruisers (5's) to go to Huggies Supreme 6's. I've already used them a few times and they fit him fine.

DrSally
05-30-2007, 09:53 AM
I feel your frustration. When cruisers stopped fitting (mostly on his thick thighs, they were still long enough), we did regular huggies or huggies supreme. I might try size 5 regualar huggies first and then go with huggies supreme if you need something slightly longer.
ETA: when you size up make sure to pull it up nice and snug to prevent those leg gaps. I think Cruisers are esp. long, so you might have more of an issue with that with the cruisers.

DrSally
05-30-2007, 09:53 AM
I feel your frustration. When cruisers stopped fitting (mostly on his thick thighs, they were still long enough), we did regular huggies or huggies supreme. I might try size 5 regualar huggies first and then go with huggies supreme if you need something slightly longer.
ETA: when you size up make sure to pull it up nice and snug to prevent those leg gaps. I think Cruisers are esp. long, so you might have more of an issue with that with the cruisers.

pastrygirl
05-30-2007, 08:18 PM
Interesting!! How do I know if the diapers are too big? They seem to fit him pretty well. He's a big boy (25+ pounds) and has very chunky thighs. Before reading these posts, I'd tried Target and Luvs size 5s, and they felt so thin and small compared to the Cruisers. I didn't try Huggies because I'd heard they aren't good for chunky babies. But you guys might be onto something! If he's between sizes, that could be why he's leaking.

But... he also has diarrhea. It's been going on for a few days. Maybe I shouldn't expect diapers to hold that stuff in?

Cristina

pastrygirl
05-30-2007, 08:18 PM
Interesting!! How do I know if the diapers are too big? They seem to fit him pretty well. He's a big boy (25+ pounds) and has very chunky thighs. Before reading these posts, I'd tried Target and Luvs size 5s, and they felt so thin and small compared to the Cruisers. I didn't try Huggies because I'd heard they aren't good for chunky babies. But you guys might be onto something! If he's between sizes, that could be why he's leaking.

But... he also has diarrhea. It's been going on for a few days. Maybe I shouldn't expect diapers to hold that stuff in?

Cristina

DrSally
05-30-2007, 08:27 PM
I do find huggies wider and better for thick thighs. DS is 26.6 lbs and does fine in the reg. huggies still. Once those get too small, I'll go to Huggies Supreme before going to size 6. I think you should expect your diaper to contain diarrhea (as long as it's not massive quantities and the legs are up snug.

DrSally
05-30-2007, 08:27 PM
I do find huggies wider and better for thick thighs. DS is 26.6 lbs and does fine in the reg. huggies still. Once those get too small, I'll go to Huggies Supreme before going to size 6. I think you should expect your diaper to contain diarrhea (as long as it's not massive quantities and the legs are up snug.

Radosti
05-31-2007, 02:27 PM
Try pedialyte to help with the diarrhea. It always helps my DS.

Radosti
05-31-2007, 02:27 PM
Try pedialyte to help with the diarrhea. It always helps my DS.

eliasmom
05-31-2007, 10:56 PM
If you can get the Gerber Liquilyte, it tastes better. Also, try cutting out dairy foods until the diarrhea goes away if you haven't.