PDA

View Full Version : CD - Detergent - Allen's Naturally ?

4Chums
06-07-2007, 05:11 PM
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with "Allen's Naturally" liquid OR powdered detergent?

I am considering buying some for washing new baby's cloth diapers, but cannot find it locally and must order it online. Since it is a little spendy, I thought I'd ask for some feedback before I broke down and made the purchase...

I know even "natural" detergents can cause rashes and/or irritation, so I was wondering what people's experience was with the Allen's brand. Has anyone experienced any problems after using the Allen's? My family seems to have sensitive skin, so I am always a bit cautious of new soaps and detergents. For example, Charlie's brand laundry soap did a NUMBER on my poor kiddos skin!

Also, does the Allen's detergent seem to do the trick as far as cleaning goes? While I am trying to avoid brightners/perfumes/additives/etc I STILL want my dipes to get good and clean! :-)

Thanks so much for your feedback.

pb&j
06-07-2007, 08:45 PM
I use Allen's, and it's worked great so far. I only have to use a tiny amount - we have a HE washer, so it's really not very much $ per load. I have very sensitive skin, and Allen's has been fine for me. 6 mos of washing CDs with Allen's, and no stink or staining yet. :)

-Ry,
mom to Max the one year old
and my girl in heaven

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/37124.gif