PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else noticed the "new" Pampers Cruisers leak now???

rbsmom
06-11-2007, 11:19 PM
I thought it was just my new baby having issues, but now my 2 year old is leaking through her size 5's (which she's been in for months & months, and has plenty of room left). I looked at an old & new version & there are definitely changes to the texture & lining of the diaper.

I called Pampers to complain, but they tried to tell me the only changes were to the size of the characters on the diaper.

I'm really unhappy & once I go through my (huge) stash I got during the Target deals, I'll be trying other brands. I'm SO bummed...

racerl1
06-12-2007, 01:14 PM
I've noticed the same thing. Our most recent case of Cruisers is the new style. DS has been leaking through quite a bit!

AddiesMom
06-13-2007, 06:07 AM
I am 99.99999999999% sure they are thinner! It appears I can fit more size 4's in my diapees and wipees case. Plus I have had 2 pee and 2 poo incidents since I stocked up at the Target deal, I am still stain treating one of my white skirts!

I just stocked up on wipes (unscented aloe) and they smell different, almost like bug spray. I think I need to send them a nasty-gram also!

Marisa6826
06-13-2007, 07:53 AM
We've had a couple of nasty poosplosions. I'm wondering if they intentionally made them smaller to help their 'new' size 7's sell better. It used to be that their size 6 dipes were ENORMOUS compared to the 5's, but I think I'm going to have to pick up a pack and see if they work any better.

I seem to recall that I had to put the tabs much closer than they are on Mia's dipe with the 'old' design. Now, they're at the end of the panel, instead of about 1/3 of the way in. She's not had *that* much of a growth spurt! Heather (hez) can you provide any insight?

I, too, called Pampers to complain about the plethora of characters on the dipes. Especially the placement of Burt. Does a 2yo *really* need to have Burt and his tambourine peeking out of her crotch?!! They finally started toning down all the colours and character nonsense, but now reverted. Not everybody wants all that 'embellishment' on their dipes! Especially when it's summer,and clothes are sheerer and shorter. Sheesh.

(sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now) ;)

-m

lilycat88
06-13-2007, 01:13 PM
Since Pampers has started making all of the "improvements" to the Cruisers, I've hated them. When they added the stretchy sides to the Baby Dry, I decided to try them. Overall, they seem like the Cruisers of old that I liked. Not as much color and the sides fit like cruisers. DD is only wearing them for naps and bedtime and we've not had any overnight leakage for her in a size 5 (she's about 32 lbs. and almost 3)despite some really really full diapers in the morning.

emily_gracesmama
06-16-2007, 08:18 AM
I've never been a fan of cruisers and went from swaddlers to baby dry. We have never had a leak in the 1.5 years we've used the baby dry and my daughter will regularly down a cup of milk and one of water before bed. It amazes me how heavy her diaper can be in the morning but they seem to absorb great!

ellies mom
06-17-2007, 10:38 PM
I came her to check and see if it was just my imagination or not. This last batch has been horrible. I swear they are leaking right straight through the front because I've noticed the outside feeling damp when I change her. Not happy with that at all. Normally, she wears Huggies Pull-ups during the day but and Cruisers at night but I think I just bought my last pack of Cruisers. Now if I can just get DD to realize that she really can use the potty.

Sillygirl
06-20-2007, 11:16 AM
We haven't had any leaks, but I've been faked out a few times thinking the characters at the legholes were poop stains - WTH were they thinking? I have noticed that the new ones are very linty. It takes a few extra wipes to get all the fuzzies off. Maybe that was part of their master plan? I buy Huggies wipes, though, so phooey to them.

chiqanita
06-20-2007, 01:45 PM
I had a problem with the cruisers which we loved so I changed a while back. We've been using Huggies and have had no problems, yet.

Tondi G
06-21-2007, 11:50 PM
Do the new ones still have that Mesh/net liner???

MATTYSMOMMY
06-26-2007, 10:35 AM
I think they are definitely different. I have had leaks, and have had them falling off.

I think they even fill different.

KHF
06-26-2007, 02:08 PM
Yep, still have that awful mesh liner. After 22 months of strictly Pampers Cruisers/Swaddlers we have given up and moved on to Huggies Supreme. They feel much more like the old version of Cruisers. For whatever reason, it seems with the new Cruisers, they cut them smaller through the butt area. When I complained to P&G about the Cruisers, their suggestion was to "size up." Yeah right. The diaper is tall enough already, it would be in her arm pits if I sized up.