PDA

View Full Version : In need of some "fluff therapy". . .

kitmama
07-03-2007, 02:18 PM
Well, I found out today what sex our third and final child is. . . it's yet another boy! And while I know he will be absolutely wonderful, and he seems to be in perfect health so there is NOTHING to complain about, I have to admit I am so sad I will not be having a girl!! I've even shed tears over this, while feeling so selfish and silly for it.

One (so superficial) thing I was looking forward to was buying girly stuff for once. But it's not to be, SO- I am here to ask you all to help me find the cutest imaginable baby boy fluff. Covers or fitteds. I particularly drool over 'adventurous', not-babyish things like outdoorsy prints, cowboys and indians, outer space, rock and roll, bugs and lizards, medieval themes, celtic. . . you get the idea.

Help me find the perfect fluffy retail therapy! LOL! :)

kitmama
07-03-2007, 03:55 PM
I've never tried any Full Moon Baby Gear stuff, though I have heard good things about them. Great fabric selection- look at this:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d135/fullmoonbabygear/order%20fabric%20choices/C1086_Black.jpg (http://photobucket.com)

and then there's these:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d135/fullmoonbabygear/order%20fabric%20choices/IMG_1164.jpg (http://photobucket.com)

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d135/fullmoonbabygear/order%20fabric%20choices/C2669_Lime.jpg (http://photobucket.com)

All of which are more gender neutral than boyish, but they ARE cool. . .

Also, there are several really cute skull prints. LOL!

How do these size? Would a medium last awhile?

Anyone else seen any super cute fluff?

MMEand1
07-03-2007, 04:12 PM
While I have not been in the market for fluff lately, I would like to send lots of {{{HUGS}}} your way.

We did not find out the gender of our DC and when my DD was born, I was VERY upset. I did not want a girl. I did not want pink things in my home and by golly, I ended up having the MOST girly-girl in the WORLD! It makes me crazy!

I cried when my doc said "It's a girl". I was on the operating room table crying because I just had a girl. I love her and all (well, actually I adore the child), but at that moment, I was less than thrilled with the idea.

You will adjust and love this little guy just like your other 2 DS's. Think about how much money you are going to save (hand-me down clothes from the older 2, Prom will be cheaper as will not having to pay for the majority of the Wedding)!!

Sorry. I know that you were looking for links, but I just wanted to say something that might help you feel a little better!

MP

luvsviola
07-03-2007, 04:58 PM
My aunt has 3 boys. I can't imagine a girl there. It is the funnest place to visit because her boys love to be outside and DO stuff instead of playing dolls. So, I know it is hard when you have your heart set on something--I really wanted a boy and was upset when I found out it is a girl. She has a blue/green nursery and lots of boy toys. Oh well.

That being said...

There is always orange fuzzi bunz...we call them the construction worker dipes. They also make train ones now and zoo. If I had a boy, I would definitely get a lime one.

I also am partial to the dalmatian berry plush.

Abby's Lane has all kinds of fun happy heinys--pirate ship, motorcycles, skull and crossbones, basketball, football, crocodiles...

I know they aren't fitteds, but they sure are fun!

kitmama
07-03-2007, 08:34 PM
Thank you, you are both so sweet! I appreciate the hugs.

Yes one thing I have been glad about is that we found out the sex early, because it allows me time to get over it- this way our new babyman's arrival won't be marred by my disappointment, and I'll be happy and excited again. It must have been tough finding out at delivery, when you had a strong preference like I do!

Hey, I'd forgotten about Happy Heinys! I don't really use pockets at first (never had luck with containing that exclusively BF poo) but they could be lots of fun to shop for later! Thanks for the suggestion!

Momof3Labs
07-03-2007, 08:49 PM
I have one FMBG dipe and boy did it run small!! The rise was okay but the tabs (front snap) were so short that they didn't fit around my skinny minny's waist nearly as long as other medium diapers. She does nice work but it's just such wonky sizing.

Can't help much with prints - my favorite dipes this time around are Bijou Baby Gear, which really only come in solids.

Congrats on your newest little guy!!

new_mommy25
07-04-2007, 03:29 AM
Hugs to you! And congratulations on your newest little boy.

My favorite diapers are little-fishy and Mudpies. Too bad neither are made anymore. Well, Mudpies are but they are not the same since they have changed owners.

Are Little-fishy diapers now Clothmopolitan? I vaguely remember something about that? Anyway, if they are the same, then you will like them. They fit Ruby really well, are well sewn, and are very soft (bamboo, I think?). http://hyenacart.com/Clothmopolitan/

How about a Minkee diaper? I've never tried one but I think they sound heavenly. http://www.blueberrydiapers.com/

And don't forget about Lucyshopechest. She always has cute prints. There are a lot more print options if you join her yahoo group and she almost always has a sale.

I wish I could help you more. I'm not up on all the WAHM's. I bought Ruby a pretty complete stash while I was pregnant plus I saved most of Noah's gender neutral diapers so it's been quite awhile since I have bought anything.

eta: My fave newborn diapers were Kissaluvs and Bijoubabygear. I didn't mention BBG initially since she doesn't really have prints, but some of the small diapers I had from her were actually prints. I think you just need to email her and ask what she has availiable.

new_mommy25
07-04-2007, 03:44 AM
So I was browsing Hyenacart looking for diapers for your newest babe, and saw that Valorkids has a ton of cute diapers in stock. We have some of her AIOs and the sewing is fantastic. Only thing is, I'm only seeing size large. Maybe you could email and ask for some smalls?

kitmama
07-04-2007, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the size info- that's very helpful!

I do want some newborn BBG. My newborn and small stash is very, very basic! That's why some new fluff is a good outlet for my retail therapy. ;)

kitmama
07-04-2007, 11:33 AM
Woohoo! Thanks for the links. I'll have to check them out tonight, as we need to get going now. . . but I'm looking forward to browsing! You offered several ideas I haven't thought of yet. :)

kitmama
07-05-2007, 06:15 PM
OMG! Again, this is gender neutral, but I LOVE this minkee cow diaper cover!
http://www.blueberrydiapers.com/products/Diaper_Covers/mincover
(scroll down to see the cow print at the bottom)

Do they work?

new_mommy25
07-06-2007, 04:03 AM
I love the cow, too! I haven't tried them but I just might. What girl doesn't need a zebra print diaper? :) I'll bet you could find some reviews of them if you do a search at MDC or diaperswappers.

lizajane
07-06-2007, 07:45 AM
haven't had any new fluff in ages, as my DS2 just pt'd, but wanted to send a hug to you and your three boys. i want you to know that you are not selfish. you will love all your boys like crazy and be a super duper mom to them all. you are allowed to have feelings and you are allowed to feel however you do. i would feel the EXACT same way (probably won't have another, at least bio.) and i even cried when i found out my FIRST was a boy.

HUGS!!

kitmama
07-06-2007, 06:15 PM
Thanks!! :) I know, it just feels so superficial to be upset when I have three gorgeous *healthy* children! (May they all stay that way!!) It's funny- all along, DH and I have had a girl name we both love, but we keep having to come up with boy names instead! I just always felt sure one of the three would be a girl. It feels a little like having to say goodbye to a baby girl we never knew.

However, I am already feeling loads better. . . I know somewhere inside I will probably always have a little regret that we didn't have a girl. But the boys will be great fun! And yes, there are a lot of aspects to raising a boy that will be easier in the long run. You can certainly imagine how I am taking a deep breath right now before the plunge: Littleman was born in '03 and Mr Cheeks in '05, just like your boys are spaced! Now I'll have another. . . whew! :)

But, hey- Jaime at BBG will do a custom order for me! And she says she might have some of that luscious blue/green tie dye fabric around, too! Yum yum yum. . . The new babyman should have some lovely new dipes to get started in. Nothing like soft, tiny, pretty fluff to help me get excited about a new arrival. :P

new_mommy25
07-06-2007, 08:44 PM
Woo-hoo! Jamie rocks! Seriously, she is my favorite WAHM ever!

o_mom
07-07-2007, 08:11 AM
I know just how you feel. :-) I have an 03, 05, and now an 07 boy. It is crazy with all the boy energy, but now I don't know what I would do without them. It is unlikely we will have another, but we still have that same girl name from the first time if we do.