PDA

View Full Version : Stains in every washing load. What am I doing wrong?

MarisaSF
07-07-2007, 08:39 PM
I find myself sunning half of each diaper load. Even the FBs and BGs are getting stains. The sunning helps, but I'd rather not do it.

This might seem obvious, but would doing smaller loads help? I didn't want to waste the water on a smaller load if the diapers would still be stained.

american_mama
07-07-2007, 10:21 PM
Well, you could always just try the smaller loads and see. Any chance it's your detergent? I had terrible stains when I first started and it was because the detergent (Gain) wasn't up to snuff. You could also try rinsing the diapers before putting them in the pail and/or doing a cold rinse at the beginning in case you currently aren't. Forgive me if these are obvious.. I know you have been CDing a while now.

lizajane
07-08-2007, 08:50 AM
i got stains when i wasn't using enough detergent. they came clean when i went from a 1/4 scoop to a 1/2 scoop of tide.

SeekerMage
07-15-2007, 09:57 PM
I would look at your wash routine before changing the size of the load. Sounds to me like there isnt enough soap, or you need something else to wash with. Also are you doing things like leaving the poop on, or do you spray/dump/swish etc? Ive found if I leave a lot of gunk on the diaper Im more prone to stains vs if we get it off really well. You can also consider using a spray n wash kinda product if your really concerned. I used to do this, not so much now. Hope you find something that works soon :)