PDA

View Full Version : Charlie's Soap

zephyr
07-18-2007, 11:46 AM
I was wondering if anyone here uses Charlie's Soap laundry detergent. I've seen it on websites that sell cd's. Those who do, do you like it and does it work? Thanks.

Zephyr

JBaxter
07-18-2007, 12:10 PM
I use it on my regular laundry its been great I think I have 1/2 of the 5 gal bucket used.

shburks
07-18-2007, 06:19 PM
Lots and lots of people love it, but we didn't have great results with it and I've switched to something else. We used Charlie's for everything--all our laundry--and I started getting really bad pills on all our cotton stuff and even some burn marks on cotton t-shirts when they came out of the dryer. (Not the dryer btw as it didn't happen before Charlie's or since we stopped using it.) However, I think it was a bad combination of the Charlie's soap and our very hard water here. Quite possibly we could have loved it if we lived somewhere else.

Just FYI

Momof3Labs
07-18-2007, 09:00 PM
I never liked it. I felt like the dipes didn't come clean with it (and tons of stains) even though I used more than it recommended on the bottle (we have moderately hard water).

LBW
07-19-2007, 08:38 AM
We use it and love it. I bought a 5 gal bucket last summer and still have more than half yet. I've used it with a traditional washer and now with our new front loader.

I started out with the small bag to see if we would like it before purchasing the bucket during one of their sales.

You can order directly from Charlie's Soap and shipping is included in the price.

Moneypenny
07-19-2007, 11:01 AM
I really wanted to like it, but it didn't work so well for us. Our whites became pretty gray and dingy. I do like that it is better for the environment, so now I alternate between it and my regular detergent every couple of weeks.

Susan
mama to my cutie pie, Avery
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif[/img][/url]

zephyr
07-20-2007, 04:07 PM
Thanks! So it works for some people and not for others...We have really hard water here so it sounds like it might not be the detergent for us. That's a bummer because I was going to wash my cd's in it.

shburks
07-21-2007, 05:39 AM
I'll tell what we have started using instead of Charlie's. We're using Country Save and I absolutely LOVE it! The ingredients are completely different and I think it works better with the hard water we have than the Charlie's did. Just a thought!