PDA

View Full Version : Night leakage, any advice?

Nooknookmom
08-06-2007, 07:49 PM
DD is in size 2 Swaddlers & has had 5 side leakages at night. Peed right thru all her clothes/blankie & onto the mattress. We co-sleep & that's no fun to wake up to, lol!

She's a side/incline sleeper due to reflux & the pee just runs out the leg opening. I bought some Huggies hoping they'd work but they look too high cut to stop the issue.

Any ideas?

boolady
08-07-2007, 03:19 PM
Is your DD tall? My DD grew out of size 2 Swaddlers long before she hit the weight limit because she was tall and they were short, especially cut high around the legs. She started having leakage at night, and I didn't think too much about it until her DCP suggested trying size 3's to me because she felt like they were having to pull them up too tight/high on her legs. Once she was in 3's, no more leaking. HTH.

Nooknookmom
08-07-2007, 06:49 PM
Shes 22" but has very chunky thighs. I think it may be preventing the leg elastic from doing its job.

AmyZ
08-07-2007, 10:32 PM
Make sure you have Huggies Supreme (red package) not just the regular Huggies. Also -- Huggies run small, so don't be afraid to try size 3. We love Huggies in our house! :-)

Amy Z

Eliana 2/04
Abigail 1/07
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

Bens Momma
08-08-2007, 10:31 AM
I second the recommendation of going up a size in your diapers. Does the diaper seem overly saturated to cause the leak or do you suspect that its leaking out the leg due to fit/position? Both of my DC had night leakage problems and even though they had not reached the weight limit for their diapers, I always went up a size as they got within a pound or two of the weight range on the package. It's a fine line between for having the diapers fit snuggly and being too big and bulky. If going up a size doesn't seem to help you could resort to putting a Poise pad in her diaper at night. I had to do this when they got older (like in size 5 diapers) and they were peeing more at night. The issue at that point was that they were peeing more than the diaper could absorb, so it was leaking. Just stuck the adhesive Poise pad like an insert right into their diaper.
Because your DD is still young and only in size 2 diapers, I would suspect that going up a size would be your best bet. Keep the Poise pad insert suggestion in mind for later.

HTH-
Momma to 2 DS

Nooknookmom
08-08-2007, 02:30 PM
Huggies supreme-ok.

Poisepads-never would have tought of that! Why don't I have these great ideas!

Thank you!

lisajay
08-14-2007, 09:12 PM
If the diaper is really soaked through and not just leaking out the legs, as a previous poster mentioned I would go straight to HUGGIES OVERNIGHTS

They worked for my dd and now for my ds. My ds is in a size 4 Huggies Supreme or regular Huggies for the day, and a 5 in the Huggies Overnights. With both my little ones they just got to a point where they would wake up soaked right through to the sheets. Now everyone is sleeping better.

Joolsplus2
08-25-2007, 11:32 AM
Size two's never fit my kids for more than like, a week... we went to threes and were much happier/drier/leakfree-er. (lol, still in 3's at 19 months!)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx