PDA

View Full Version : Cloth wipes from baby washcloths: with or without trim/binding?

sethsmom
08-29-2007, 09:27 AM
I have heard several people mention that they use the baby washcloths as cloth wipes with much success. I was looking at my leftover washcloths and some have a binding and others do not. Does it make a difference which would work better?

tarynsmum
08-29-2007, 06:34 PM
The majority of ours are the cheap-y Gerber washcloths (white ones, come in packs of 8, etc). They don't have the binding. I also have some leftover-from-the-baby-stage washcloths that DO have the binding, but they're also a lot 'plusher', and I don't like them as much - maybe it's the way they fit in my hand, I don't know. I always end up going back to the cheap-y ones <shrug> But then, I am cheap :D

MarisaSF
08-30-2007, 11:53 AM
I like the plain ole cheapy non-bound ones too. The binding just seems to get in the way. We only have like 2 or 3 of the bound ones, so maybe I'm just not used to them, but I never reach for them. One word of warning: I greatly prefer the plain colors over the ones with prints. The prints on the cheapy washcloths make the fabric quite scratchy.