PDA

View Full Version : Premium vs. Regular-thickness prefolds?

allenhaus
08-30-2007, 05:35 PM
We're about to order regular-sized DSQ prefolds for our little guy as he's getting close to the weight limit on his infant-sized prefolds. I'm a bit lost on what thickness to order, though. Would it be wise to get all premium (4x8x4 thickness) or a mixture of 4x8x4s and 4x6x4s? He is breastfed and a pretty good soaker.

Under what circumstances would you use the different thicknesses, and what works best if you use the infant prefolds as doublers inside the regular-sized prefolds (or does that get too bulky except for night time)?

We're using a mixture of wool and PUL wraps, and I'm thinking it might be a good idea to get a couple of fleece ones, too.

Thanks so much!

Marguerite

allenhaus
09-02-2007, 06:08 PM
Never mind, folks. Asked the place I'd most likely order them from and they said, "Premiums!" So, there you have it in case someone else was wondering the same thing.

:)

o_mom
09-02-2007, 06:23 PM
Well, I was going to say a mixture. We have 2 doz regular (4x6x4) and one doz premium (4x8x4). I use the regular during the day and the premium at night. I find that even for my 2 yo, the regular are plenty for daytime use but not bulky.

westgre
09-03-2007, 12:37 PM
I agree. We have 2 dozen of each and rarely use the premiums yet. DS is 17 months. I prefer the regulars because they're not as bulky.

allenhaus
09-03-2007, 02:24 PM
Thanks o mom and westgre --

I had taken this approach with his infant prefolds (24 reg, 12 premium)and the regulars seem like they are getting awfully soaked (though changed often)... but...I am not fond of the bulk either. So maybe I WILL do a combo. The voice of experience (yours) is worth a lot!

:) M