PDA

View Full Version : Post reviews of one-size diapers here

american_mama
09-01-2007, 08:39 PM
One-size diapers have so much appeal for cost-effectiveness and for those diapering children of different ages. Plus, I am hoping to revive my cloth diaper talks at a new eco-living store that just opened in town, and I want one brand of one-size diapers to recommend that the store carry.

I can review bumGenius pockets and Motherease fitteds. Anyone care to chime in about other brands.... Mommy's Touch pockets, Wonderoos/Wonderworks pockets, the new Happy Heiny one-size pocket, etc.? Also say if you agree or disagree with others's comments.

bumGenius pockets
I like them. The 1.0 version was made with a nylon outer, kind of crunchy feeling, and the newer 2.0 version is made with softer PUL. I believe they are the only cloth diaper with stretchy side tabs, which I think improve fit, ease of putting on, and maybe comfort. I think the 1.0 nylon version resists wicking pretty well. I have never used them on a newborn or small infant, but have heard they work better with a smaller/narrower insert for small babies. The suedecloth inner resists stains very well.

Motherease Fitteds
Not my favorites. I think they are very bulky on an infant, since you fold over the waist to get it to fit a small baby, thus making it doubly thick at the waist. You can't use the doubler snapped in on the small settings, although I realized months later I could have just laid the doubler in. Soft ribbing around the leg openings, so no red marks, but might not hold runny poop in well. Not that absorbent in my opinion. I put them away for a year and didn't use them again until DD2 was 1 1/2 years or 2 years old. She is small to medium in size and starting to outgrow them now, at 2 years and 10 months.