PDA

View Full Version : When did you start PTing?

Mommy Of A Little Angel
09-04-2007, 07:16 PM
I am not sure if I am crazy here so please bear with me! DD will be 16 months next week and she is showing some big signs that she wants to start potty training. I bought a potty today and she sat down and she went (both pee and poo!). I am by no means about to push her into potty training, but I think letting her explore the potty is a good idea. Does she seem really young or should I just go with it?

JBaxter
09-04-2007, 08:31 PM
My oldest was sleeping dry at night at 18 months we did some potty orientation for a few months but just at his 2nd bday we went full force. My niece was out of daytime diapers at 21 months. She had a hard time getting her pants down herself and had to ask for help but she definatly did it on her own and wanted NO parts of diapers or wet pants. I say go for it and see where it goes :) you may get luckiy.

uptooearly
09-04-2007, 09:58 PM
I would definitely go for it!

DD started at 11 months. We gradually made time for sitting on the potty part of her daily routine (wake up, meal time, nap time and bed time) and it has worked out great for us. She was out of diapers by 22 months (still use them for night time, though).

Sonja

citymama
09-16-2007, 12:54 AM
I can't give you much advice since I have an 18 month old but - when DD was about 16 months she was really interested in PTing and told me a few times correctly "need clean dipey" right before she was going to go poop. I meant to get a potty then but never got around to it. We just got her one yesterday, and she did (accidentally) poop in it the very first time she sat on it, and likes the novelty of it, but generally seems somehow less self-aware about when she's going to go than she was at 16 months, if that's possible. It doesn't make sense, but I do feel like there must be some window around then. Good luck!

Nooknookmom
09-24-2007, 08:38 PM
I posted this earlier:

I bought my older DD a potty at 12 months. I sat her on it every am & when she looked like she needed to go.

It got to where she recognized what it was for & would, at 13 mos, sit down & say "mama, I can't go poo" but she tried. Peed all the time though. Weird.

She sat on the & watcherd Barney vids too. She was super easy to PT & we were done by 2.