PDA

View Full Version : Where to sell used cloth diapers?

BabyLoveMom
09-05-2007, 12:10 PM
I have a great stash of newborn sized kissaluv 0s and covers that I'm finished with and had hoped to sell to put $$ toward the next size.

My listing on Ebay was just rejected as they no longer allow used diapers to be sold.

What's the best site to sell them on?

Thanks!

tarahsolazy
09-05-2007, 01:53 PM
Well, I think the market isn't as great for used CDs as it was 3 years ago, but you can still sell!

There are selling/trading forums at:

www.mothering.com (have to be a contributing member there for awhile, ?60 days, and some post count)

www.diaperswappers.com

www.diaperpin.com

www.hyenacart.com

There is a baby bargains swap group on yahoo, but you have to have over 50 posts to be a member, I think...

I have been having some luck recently, by pricing stuff at around 50% of retail. Used to be able to get more, but I'd rather sell for less than have it all stuck in my house, KWIM?

saschalicks
09-06-2007, 06:37 PM
besides above there is also

www.diapertraders.com

babydogs3
09-07-2007, 09:51 AM
I really like diaperswappers.com. Diapers seem to sell well on that site (at least all the one's I want to buy are sold before I get a chance to buy them!).

~Christine~
Baby #1 due 11/6/07!!!
Sign up at kizoodle.com to "buy/sell" baby and kid items for free. Use referral code XIT5JW and we both get credits!

Puddy73
09-07-2007, 01:09 PM
Sorry to hijack, but I have a related question. Are there any charities that take donations of used diapers? I have many that are still functional, but they look rough (faded and pilled) after being used by two kiddos. I wouldn't bother selling them, but I hate to just throw them away.

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle 9/08/03 & Finn 10/31/05

"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane." - Jimmy Buffett

o_mom
09-07-2007, 01:53 PM
I remember seeing something about it, but I can't remember the name. There is a FFS board on DiaperSwappers. Better than landfill for stuff that looks bad but is still usable.

Momof3Labs
09-07-2007, 02:00 PM
Yes, there is. I donated a box there last year. I'll try to dig up the info on them as I also have some ratty (but still serviceable) diapers that need a new home!

shburks
09-07-2007, 02:04 PM
I think this is what you all are looking for: http://www.miraclediapers.org/home.html

saschalicks
09-08-2007, 11:41 PM
This is AWESOME!!! I just started CDing, but what I can't/won't sell I'm sending over to them. I'm even going to save one of their tiny banners and put in my signature for the diaper groups I now belong to. Thanks for sharing.

american_mama
09-10-2007, 08:18 AM
Tarah or anyone else:

Why do you think the used CD market isn't as great as it was? I have about 2 years of perspective and it's not something I have noticed, although maybe I haven't been in the game long enough or haven't been obserbant.

tarahsolazy
09-12-2007, 04:02 PM
It seems like there are tons of hyena dipes for sale at MDC these days, at much lower prices than they used to be.

For instance, elbees are listed at $20, and they don't sell! Seems to be especially true of fitted diapers. I haven't been able to sell essentially brand new, never worn Bijou Baby Gear dipes for $10 each. I am about to list a ton of stuff, and I am purposely going to really low-ball everything, just to get rid of it.

I'd say that other than pocket diapers, and by pocket diapers I mostly mean FBs, BGs, and whatever the hottest WAHM one of the moment may be, you can't count on huge returns.